Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Years Ago Today
Astle scores!
(05-18-2018, 06:30 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Astle scores!

Again! Big Grin
The season started with such optimism, there was a little nagging feeling that we could do something to mark the 50th anniversary.
So sad to see the season implode how it did.
It’s not just losing the place in the prem, more importantly when I think of this season I will remember it as the season Cyrille Regis died and Richard Eades died.
So we won a few at the end, no good thoughts or memories can ever come of this season.
(05-18-2018, 07:36 AM)Baggie66 Wrote: The season started with such optimism, there was a little nagging feeling that we could do something to mark the 50th anniversary.
It’s not just losing the place in the prem, more importantly when I think of this season I will remember it as the season Cyrille Regis died and Richard Eades died.
So we won a few at the end, no good thoughts or memories can ever come of this season.

+1
"and there's Alan Ashman, who not long ago was a chicken farmer in Cumberland"
(05-18-2018, 07:36 AM)Baggie66 Wrote: The season started with such optimism, there was a little nagging feeling that we could do something to mark the 50th anniversary.

Sadly true.

Bomber's going to miss tomorrow's dinner, on holiday!
I take full responsibility for this I'm afraid chaps - The last goal of the 1967/68 campaign saw us win the FA Cup, I came into the world just less than 4 months later and we haven't won a thing since.

I've seen the Dingles, Blues and (a little known fact) the Vile win major trophy's in my lifetime. I've been to Wembley to watch us 3 times and enjoyed some amazing moments but never win a major. I am sorry for the curse that I have obviously brought.
Osborne Fraser Williams Brown Talbot Kaye Lovett Collard Astle Hope Clark Clarke and Ashman.. THANK YOU for the greatest of football memories and RIP to those sadly no longer with us.
Lots of good stuff on the Official site and on the Albion Twitter site.
(05-18-2018, 12:34 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Lots of good stuff on the Official site and on the Albion Twitter site.

Excellent stuff that.