One Match in History.........
If there was one match in Albions history that you attended but would like to travel back in time and relive, what would it be?

Mine would be Sunderland away, last match of 1994/95. Nothing riding on the game, a 2-2 draw at a classic old ground, travelled up with 9 others in a minibus, had a great day, carefree times. Just a great footy day out.
(01-23-2021, 12:02 PM)MrFizz Wrote: If there was one match in Albions history that you attended but would like to travel back in time and relive, what would it be?

Mine would be Sunderland away, last match of 1994/95. Nothing riding on the game, a 2-2 draw at a classic old ground, travelled up with 9 others in a minibus, had a great day, carefree times. Just a great footy day out.

Oldham away 1976 promotion season, I was 15 we went up the motorway on a double decker bus, I drank about three pints and was pissed, was stood right behind the goal when bomber smashed it in, it’s probably been said before but it seemed the whole ground was filled with Albion fans, was on the pitch at the end when the players appeared in the main stand, Johnny Giles’s blue n white army.... got home about ten o’clock, slightly worse for wear but the happiest kid alive, slept like a baby and dreamed very sweet dreams...
Charlton at home 1931. We had the FA Cup in the bag and got promoted at this one. No other club has ever, ever done this double (we don't blow this trumpet enough IMVHO)

Sorry didn't read the OP correctly......Pompey 93 away
Good question. A fair few to choose from but I would go for either Portsmouth away, escaping relegation (as had a great weekend down there) or Swansea play-off semi.
Never known an atmosphere like that at the Hawthorns.
(01-23-2021, 12:29 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: Charlton at home 1931. We had the FA Cup in the bag and got promoted at this one. No other club has ever, ever done this double (we don't blow this trumpet enough IMVHO)

We are the only club to have so nearly done it twice, in 2008.
(01-23-2021, 12:29 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: Charlton at home 1931. We had the FA Cup in the bag and got promoted at this one. No other club has ever, ever done this double (we don't blow this trumpet enough IMVHO)

I started reading that and thought blimey are you my grandad? Big Grin
Without doubt Pompey away in 93/94. Revising for finals at Leeds Uni

Barry Fry was good mates with Jim smith and was on the phone all week. But Pompey were missing 4 or 5 and Fry didn’t realise that Smith was an even bigger pal of Burky ?
29/04/1968. Albion 6. Man Utd 3. I was amongst 40 odd thousand watching a brilliant match in which Astle got a hatrick. Wonderful entertainment and brilliant crowd. This just beats Albion v Valencia in December 1978 with bombers brace.
Oldham, with my dear late Father.
(01-23-2021, 12:02 PM)MrFizz Wrote: If there was one match in Albions history that you attended but would like to travel back in time and relive, what would it be?

Our following that day was buoyant. The Mackems equalised with a very late goal but no one gave a damn. Then again, an away draw back then was considered quite an achievement.

Lots to choose from, but perhaps Cyrille's wonder debut goal game v Boro. I've never heard a crowd so in awe of a new arrival in Albion colours.