Dean Smith - Credit where it’s due
(01-24-2021, 07:14 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 07:12 PM)MozzasRocket Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 07:09 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I don't think  you quite get how this works, Mozza.

We are Albion fans, and on this Forum we don't happily like talking about how brilliant the deludedfisheatingsealcunts are!

It pains me too, but I’m also not in denial about how well they’re doing and how their coach and his staff is doing a decent job. Really simple concept. If it wasn’t villa, we’d all be saying he was doing a half decent job, coz he’s villa, we’re frothing at the mouth coz an Albion fan says he thinks Smith has done a good job.

I wouldn't.

They may aswell be called Cashspunkers United.

They have spent a lot, but what they’ve spent it on, has helped the team. Can’t remember the last time we spent a fairly big fee on a player and they went on to do well. Proper annoying! Hopefully Grady can be that player.
I'll blow smoke up their arses when they have won something.

I don't disagree with you though, Mozza.
(01-24-2021, 07:16 PM)MozzasRocket Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 07:14 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 07:12 PM)MozzasRocket Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 07:09 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I don't think  you quite get how this works, Mozza.

We are Albion fans, and on this Forum we don't happily like talking about how brilliant the deludedfisheatingsealcunts are!

It pains me too, but I’m also not in denial about how well they’re doing and how their coach and his staff is doing a decent job. Really simple concept. If it wasn’t villa, we’d all be saying he was doing a half decent job, coz he’s villa, we’re frothing at the mouth coz an Albion fan says he thinks Smith has done a good job.

I wouldn't.

They may aswell be called Cashspunkers United.

They have spent a lot, but what they’ve spent it on, has helped the team. Can’t remember the last time we spent a fairly big fee on a player and they went on to do well. Proper annoying! Hopefully Grady can be that player.
I don't think you have to go that far back, as Rondon was good overall value.

The difference in spending is the fact that we only make one big signing per season, this season it was Grady, and Villa make 4 or 5. You get what you pay for in the end, and they've spent huge amount in the last two seasons compared to us.

I'm not convinced by Smith, and think the big test will be next season when the fans are back and they all expect a top 6 finish.