Dean Smith - Credit where it’s due
(01-23-2021, 10:25 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I hate the Villa more than anybody, utterly detest them

We should have appointed Gammon Face when we gave Moore the job

One of our biggest monumental fuck ups...and there have been a few

Cuzer

He’d have gone as soon as they come calling, so we’d have had him for a few months and that’s it.

Lucky to get promoted (despite bigger budget and wage bill), spunked a fortune and was failing before CoVid and Hawkeye intervened.  Appointed Shakespeare, spent another fortune and it’s suddenly turned round.  The same Shakespeare that coached Leicester to survival and a title.

But yeah it’s all Smith and if only we’d appointed him.  Horseshit.

He’s seal through and thorough and therefore a cunt.
滚开赖
(01-23-2021, 09:54 PM)MozzasRocket Wrote: I remember seeing a lot of our fans scoff at his name when we were looking for a manager before he joined the Villa. What a job he’s done & he seems like a nice bloke too. Really turned them around. Yes we can say ‘he’s spent x amount of money’, but you still have to coach and organise said players. Villa look a really good side and there’s no denying that Jack Grealish is on his way to being world class. He makes the premier league look walking pace. As a football fan, I love watching him play. If he was at a big European side we’d all be loving to watch him play.

Their winter break has done them the world of good......
(01-23-2021, 10:52 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 10:25 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I hate the Villa more than anybody, utterly detest them

Cuzer

He’d have gone as soon as they come calling, so we’d have had him for a few months and that’s it.

Lucky to get promoted (despite bigger budget and wage bill), spunked a fortune and was failing before CoVid and Hawkeye intervened.  Appointed Shakespeare, spent another fortune and it’s suddenly turned round.  The same Shakespeare that coached Leicester to survival and a title.

But yeah it’s all Smith and if only we’d appointed him.  Horseshit.

He’s seal through and thorough and therefore a cunt.

Dramatic or what? ? Merely stating he’s done a good job, obviously that includes his coaching team too. No need to pop a blood vessel over it mate.
They are a very good side hate to say it but they are 10 years ahead of us on progress but that's what £250 million does.

Cuzer

To be fair I remember you describing not backing Pepe Mel with his own backroom staff as our biggest missed opportunity in recent history. 

Moore united the club in a way that Dean Smith wouldn't have. Is anyone really shocked that after spending hundreds of millions they are hovering around mid table. 

Does anyone honestly believe that if we'd appointed Smith instead of Moore that we wouldn't be hovering around exactly the same position that we are now. 

Even if Smith had promoted us how many millions would he have had to spend in the Prem. He barely stayed up after spending 160.

IF we'd gone up, we'd also have gone straight back down
Can't stand Smith. I still think he's limited as a Manager, but he's surrounded himself with good staff and quality players. Amazing what a big budget can allow you to do.
(01-23-2021, 10:58 PM)Sliced Wrote:

Cuzer

To be fair I remember you describing not backing Pepe Mel with his own backroom staff as our biggest missed opportunity in recent history. 

Moore united the club in a way that Dean Smith wouldn't have. Is anyone really shocked that after spending hundreds of millions they are hovering around mid table. 

Does anyone honestly believe that if we'd appointed Smith instead of Moore that we wouldn't be hovering around exactly the same position that we are now. 

Even if Smith had promoted us how many millions would he have had to spend in the Prem. He barely stayed up after spending 160.

Personally I think with our pathetic owners (whoever they are) it wouldn't have made a scrap of difference.
(01-23-2021, 11:10 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Cuzer

Personally I think with our pathetic owners (whoever they are) it wouldn't have made a scrap of difference.
Agreed
(01-23-2021, 11:17 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 11:10 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Cuzer

Agreed

Possibly worse.

Gayle and Barnes were very, very much Moore signings that season. Without them where would we have been?
Still the bleat goes on ffs