What to do
So I have a dilemma where 
People (me include) in the hospitality industry have basically had a year off work with all of their bills still to be paid. I havent earnt a penny this year not a single penny. 
Everything iv built up for years literally hanging by a shoe string. 
Ok im not going to starv and neither will i be homeless but this is because iv had to use my savings to keep us afloat. Other people are not this lucky. 
Savings that took a long time to save up savings that was for mine and my kids future 

So do I sell up and move out of the area to somewhere much more within a comfortable cost or stick what we have and hope this gets better

That being said it is what it is. We have our health of which im great full for. 
One more thing when all this is over remember to support your local businesses.
(01-23-2021, 10:24 PM)Noibla Wrote: So I have a dilemma where 
People (me include) in the hospitality industry have basically had a year off work with all of their bills still to be paid. I havent earnt a penny this year not a single penny. 
Ok im not going to starv and neither will i be homeless but this is because iv had to use my savings to keep us afloat. Other people are not this lucky. 
Savings that took a long time to save up savings that was for mine and my kids future 

So do I sell up and move out of the area to somewhere much more within a comfortable cost or stick what we have and hope this gets better

That being said it is what it is. We have our health of which im great full for. 

My sympathies, mate. I feel for you.

We were told spring thing will look better and now it looks like summer. God knows.People are being told to stay indoors inside small flats with families not being able to earn money by ministers in huge houses and huge gardens.

I think this all may go tits up soon
It depends how much can you put you're hand in your pocket.... On the brightside the end is in sight lts like stick or twist either way you deserve a good turn of luck.
I'm sorry for your circumstances, mate.

This pandemic has been managed by fear, and the circumstances now are no different. Yesterday we were told the new strain is 30% more deadly, which is a sensational stat. The truth is infections are dropping 25% each week, hospital admissions are dropping, numbers in hospitals are stable and almost 500k people per day are having jabs. All these stats are on the Coronavirus dashboard.

They are trying to keep a lid on things for a further month to control spread. If the trends above continue, I think things will look different in a months time. This is personal opinion, though.
Did you not qualify for either furlough, if employed, or the self employed income support scheme, if self employed?
I don't see the hospitality industry starting up again anywhere in this country untill everyone has had at least the first vaccination. We're doing very well atm and I guess the future success will depend on the ability to supply demand for the vaccine. Hopefully I'm wrong and they will relax the closures once a certain age group are covered. I am sure it won't happen if there's a possibility of swamping the NHS though.
(01-23-2021, 11:51 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I don't see the hospitality industry starting up again anywhere in this country untill everyone has had at least the first vaccination. We're doing very well atm and I guess the future success will depend on the ability to supply demand for the vaccine.  Hopefully I'm wrong and they will relax the closures once a certain age group are covered. I am sure it won't happen if there's a possibility of swamping the NHS though.

Firstly, very sorry to hear about your situation Noibla and I hope things improve for you and your Family in the near future. 

I understand the timing of the 2nd jab is being put back to 12 weeks from the initial 21 days to get as many people as possible the first jab and some protection.  By April we're going to be looking at 15-20m vaccinated, which will be everyone in the higher risk categories.  Sadly as we have already seen there will some who get it (who haven't been vaccinated) with no apparent underlying or pre-existing medical conditions who won't survive.
(01-23-2021, 10:24 PM)Noibla Wrote: So I have a dilemma where 

My sympathies. If you can hold fast for another 3/4 months things may look better.The country can’t lock down indefinitely,society would completely collapse.
If it is that bad,sell and move as it could make you happier if it makes you financially more stable.