WhoScored stats
Steve Madeley is reporting that the two worst midfielders in the premier league may finally get dropped. Here’s hoping, oh and some very damning statistics... one word, criminal.

Sawyers has featured in 18 league games this season but has failed to score or provide an assist. He failed to make an interception in five of his last six outings and has not created a chance in four of his previous five matches, so his place could be at risk. [url=https://www.whoscored.com/Players/75200/MatchStatistics/Romaine-Sawyers]

Livermore has also failed to score or provide an assist in the league from his 13 appearances. He has been dribbled past seven times in his last four matches and has posted a lower passing success rate than West Brom’s 74.2% average five times in his previous six games, so his starting place is understandably at risk. [url=https://www.whoscored.com/Players/36849/MatchStatistics/Jake-Livermore]
So, reading between the lines, Sawyers and Livermore should be dropped?
So they are a liability defensively, aren't contributing going forward and Livermore's passing is crap.

Quite how we didn't strengthen this position in the summer begs belief.
Mad to think that someone is paid to compile this shite yet anyone who has ever watched a game of football could come to the same conclusion, without data.

Apart from our mouthbreathing manager. Who has the data. And a pair of eyes, I believe.
Sawyers has scored Big Grin
blimey who'd have thought it
Not Mainey, he's a top class midfielder. Zuz told me.
(01-29-2021, 09:53 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: So they are a liability defensively, aren't contributing going forward and Livermore's passing is crap.

Quite how we didn't strengthen this position in the summer begs belief.

I'm guessing, on Sawyers part at least, that the hope was he'd take his neat, tippy tappy passing statistics onto the Premier league stage. He'd never played there before so the hope was he'd step up in class. 

It's fair to say he hasn't stepped up. He's fucking stepped back rapidly!  Big Grin

My main gripe is that he was and never has been a defensive midfielder. Every side needs a disciplined, holding midfielder who tackles and breaks up play. We only have Field who ironically can't get a game.

We should have bought some nasty bastard in the summer that gets stuck in. We need a Scharner, Mulumbu, McIness type. It's fair to say it's cost us big time. 

I still can't work out how Sam can't see how bad Sawyers is. Even if his eyes aren't working then I thought he was supposed to be an analysis man, a data man. Its there in black and white.