Kipre off to Preston
Kipre was a beast for Wigan last season when we played them at home, reckon he'll do a good job for us in the chump next year.
(01-31-2021, 08:27 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: The lesson here is maybe we should sign players that the manager wants too. Weird concept I know.

Or not let go the ones he wanted to keep....
(01-31-2021, 08:38 PM)garryowensneck Wrote: Kipre was a beast for Wigan last season when we played them at home, reckon  he'll do a good job for us in the chump next year.

Might be an idea to give him a go in the Premier League, he is surely a  better long term bet than either Ivanovic or Peltier
(01-31-2021, 08:27 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: The lesson here is maybe we should sign players that the manager wants too. Weird concept I know.

Maybe the manager didn’t want two
(01-31-2021, 08:57 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Maybe the manager didn’t want two
Sam wanted two, we got two.
Strange signing, what on earth was the point. Seems like we just signed him because he was cheap rather than what we needed or what the manager wanted. If the club think he's an option going forward next season we might aswell start playing him now to see what he's made of
If i could ask Downing anything about this season it would be why sell Hegazi to end up with Kipre & Ivanovic & what the respective deals have saved / cost the club. This ignores the fact that Ivanovic is awful
(01-31-2021, 08:38 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Or not let go the ones he wanted to keep....

Maybe Slav should have made it clear he wanted to keep Hegazi before it arose he may well leave.

Anyway, it’s all immaterial... Hegazi wanted to go, and that’s all that really matters.
wbamitch Wrote:Strange signing, what on earth was the point. Seems like we just signed him because he was cheap rather than what we needed or what the manager wanted. If the club think he's an option going forward next season we might aswell start playing him now to see what he's made of

Tried to pick up a bargain in the Wigan fire sale didn't we. Presumably to sell at a profit if he didn't make the grade. Must have been pretty obvious early on to both Slav and Allardyce that he didn't have the quality.