Citizen Smith
(02-10-2021, 12:50 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: Was great when Peter (Grouty) Vaughan was the Dad.

Less keen after that.

Good series though tbf

Just asking, is anybody on here old enough to go back to Get Some In-Robert Lindsay's big break ?   With the legendary Tony Selby.

Certainly remember `Get Some In`. Had an uncle who did national service in the R.A.F. , 1957 to 1959. He loved it. 
Remember there was a character who was a vicars son, after being stuck on camp for a month they finally had a weekends leave, the vicars son says `Oh great, can`t wait to get my hands on my organ`.
(02-10-2021, 12:20 PM)Ossian Wrote: I loved Stephen Greif as the gangster (Harry Fenning) in that.

Good cast all round.from memory.

Yes he’s superb in it, working my way through all the episodes (30 in total) the best one so far has to be the Tooting by election when he gets 6 votes and demands a recount
(02-10-2021, 02:32 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 12:50 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: Was great when Peter (Grouty) Vaughan was the Dad.

Less keen after that.

Good series though tbf

Just asking, is anybody on here old enough to go back to Get Some In-Robert Lindsay's big break ?   With the legendary Tony Selby.

Certainly remember `Get Some In`. Had an uncle who did national service in the R.A.F. , 1957 to 1959. He loved it. 
Remember there was a character who was a vicars son, after being stuck on camp for a month they finally had a weekends leave, the vicars son says `Oh great, can`t wait to get my hands on my organ`.

3 F Smith.  Big Grin
Bought the complete series on DVD a year or two back. Don't honestly think I'd seen it since I saw it first time around back in the seventies. I thought that it had aged very well and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I used to love it as a kid.
Imagine my joy when I ended up living in Tooting, whilst working at St George's, and could do the salute outside Broadway tube station to my heart's content!
Loved Citizen Smith in my yoof and the old dear who used to call him foxy had me in stitches. Power to the people, Tooting popular front.