Grady
Dumbo Wrote:
Atomic Wrote:
Big Daddy Cool Wrote:He's fallen out with Sam and doesn't wanna play for us apparently. Could be true could be BS.

The same rumour stated that Peltier was going to start today do there could be something in it.

Yes, that’s the worry. The message said Sawyers and Peltier would start today and they did.

We need to be building a squad around Periera and Grady...not pissing them off.

I'm struggling to understand why Periera isn't a mainstay in the team. He is the only one, realistically, who has the ability to find space for himself, retain possession and create chances (new signings not withstanding).
For some reason I think with Pereira it's all going to end in tears. It has the Berahino/Odemwingie vibes
(02-07-2021, 03:01 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
Dumbo Wrote:
Atomic Wrote:
Big Daddy Cool Wrote:He's fallen out with Sam and doesn't wanna play for us apparently. Could be true could be BS.

The same rumour stated that Peltier was going to start today do there could be something in it.

Yes, that’s the worry. The message said Sawyers and Peltier would start today and they did.

We need to be building a squad around Periera and Grady...not pissing them off.

I'm struggling to understand why Periera isn't a mainstay in the team. He is the only one, realistically, who has the ability to find space for himself, retain possession and create chances (new signings not withstanding).

Exactly. He showed in his 10 minute cameo that he is head and shoulders above the rest. He wouldn’t look out of place in the Spurs team tbh.

I’m just struggling to accept our best player and our record signing being alienated by a manager that will soon be gone.
(02-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Dial M for Mick Wrote: If anything this is an indication of the attitude within the squad. If the manager hasn't picked you, tough shit, you have to get on with it and not be such a diva.

That would apply in most situations but anyone with a tenth of a brain can see that leaving out Pereira today was a ridiculous decision for which there can be no explanation. 

Why go out and sign players to get some quality in, and then leave out our sole quality player?  The clock it ticking. Not many games left.  We need to scrap for every point and leaving out Pereira was insane.
Pragmatist Wrote:
Dial M for Mick Wrote:If anything this is an indication of the attitude within the squad. If the manager hasn't picked you, tough shit, you have to get on with it and not be such a diva.

That would apply in most situations but anyone with a tenth of a brain can see that leaving out Pereira today was a ridiculous decision for which there can be no explanation. 

Why go out and sign players to get some quality in, and then leave out our sole quality player?  The clock it ticking. Not many games left.  We need to scrap for every point and leaving out Pereira was insane.

I'm not one for hyperbole and over reaction but I wouldn't disagree with the term "insane" there.
Back to Grady though, it doesn’t seem his character...but as I said, I always got the impression he never really wanted to come.
(02-07-2021, 03:12 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Back to Grady though, it doesn’t seem his character...but as I said, I always got the impression he never really wanted to come.

Yep I have said this before , looked like he lost the raffle when he came full time . He hoped his loan spell last season would kick start his Spam career.

(02-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Dial M for Mick Wrote: If anything this is an indication of the attitude within the squad. If the manager hasn't picked you, tough shit, you have to get on with it and not be such a diva.

Agreed
So the Clowns Man Management skills appear to match his tactical abilities. Get rid now.
(02-07-2021, 03:21 PM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: So the Clowns Man Management skills appear to match his tactical abilities. Get rid now.

Could have told you that after the Villa game.
(02-07-2021, 03:21 PM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: So the Clowns Man Management skills appear to match his tactical abilities. Get rid now.

Would you care to enlighten us with your view of who will be racing to the Hawthorns to take on the role?

Don't blame BFS for Grady. He hasn't played a decent game in almost 12 months. Blame the morons who spunked most of our transfer budget on the kind of players we didn't need.