Leeds on 32 points after 22 games...
(02-08-2021, 10:29 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Worth noting 10 of their starting 11 and their sub tonight were all part of their squad last season, and whilst they spent heavily in the summer, their starting XI cost about £45m...

Yes Leeds have spent a lot of money, but they’re also super fit, well coached, well drilled and make the best use of the assets they have... these things cost absolutely nothing.

Far better recruitment than us over the last few years
And a far better manager
What I find amazing is that Bielsa can't speak a word of English  Wink   and yet every Leeds player seems to understand what their role is and what they need to do and yet our Manager spakes black cuntreeee and our lot are all over the plaice.
We went toe-to-toe with them just over a year ago and were arguably the better side. What went wrong?
(02-09-2021, 12:32 AM)Squid Wrote: We went toe-to-toe with them just over a year ago and were arguably the better side. What went wrong?

Greggs and Netflix
(02-09-2021, 01:30 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 12:32 AM)Squid Wrote: We went toe-to-toe with them just over a year ago and were arguably the better side. What went wrong?

Greggs and Netflix

Much more deeper than that Manc.

3 key positions were overlooked by Slav
(02-09-2021, 01:37 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Greggs and Netflix

I know mon - Im only kidding
Ironic to think back to last season when Bamford was getting all manner of stick for his non goalscoring...now look at him.
(02-09-2021, 01:56 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Greggs and Netflix

The fact we continuously play the same back 5 at PL level is horrific.

We needed a GK, RB, CB and a LB.

Ajayi would look far better alongside a Jonny Evans for example coaching him throughout the match.

I was not convinced that Johnstone would make the step up and the irony is he has exceeded my expectations.

We should have tried to be better defensively, and in the end we have become nothing.

I don’t even think we go down a better team than what we came up with.

Ivanovic - finished and will leave
Gallagher - loan return 
Button - ???
Kipré - ???

And the Jan signings all short term too
(02-09-2021, 02:02 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 01:56 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Greggs and Netflix

The fact we continuously play the same back 5 at PL level is horrific.

We needed a GK, RB, CB and a LB.

Ajayi would look far better alongside a Jonny Evans for example coaching him throughout the match.

I was not convinced that Johnstone would make the step up and the irony is he has exceeded my expectations.

We should have tried to be better defensively, and in the end we have become nothing.

I don’t even think we go down a better team than what we came up with.

Ivanovic - finished and will leave
Gallagher - loan return 
Button - ???
Kipré - ???

And the Jan signings all short term too

Doesn’t really matter though, they just have to be good enough for the Championship.

Johnstone will almost certainly leave, but Button is capable of stepping in, and it’ll be exciting to see what happens with both Palmer and Griffiths.

Ivanovic, Peltier and Gibbs frees up money for additonal resource at the back and Bartley, Townsend (if he stays), Furlong, Ajayi and Kipre are all good enough for that level.

Midfield is where we need substantial investment, I think we missed a trick not going for Whiteman from Donny, but hopefully the Johnstone money plus the couple years parachutes will allow us to add some quality here.

Up top we have plenty of options and with the kids out there getting experience this season able to pad out the squad,  it’ll be about adding quality not quantity.