Improvement
(02-20-2021, 04:56 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Don’t think SJ had a save to make today,and only a couple last week.There is definitely an improvement,which could bode well for next season.

Yes but how many players will be here next season?
AMN, Okay, Diagne, all improved us, but will they stay in the championship?
(02-20-2021, 05:13 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 04:56 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Don’t think SJ had a save to make today,and only a couple last week.There is definitely an improvement,which could bode well for next season.

AMN no, the other two there is a chance. I hope we can.
(02-20-2021, 05:12 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:05 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: When we go down, we have to admit that we finished with a better organised team under BFS than Slav left us with.

Too much loyalty shown in the summer to players and coaches alike.

If we continue to defend as we have done in the last two games, sure. But the other 10 games under him we've been completely disorganised.

He’s had to assess the squad, bring in four or five better players whilst trying to get results out of the most flimsy squad to grace the Prem for many a year.

Yeah, but it's still been only 2 games. If we keep this up then he deserves praise and bringing in Yokuslu into the XI has made us so much more solid and structured but we need to perform like this for the rest of the season and not revert to the disorganised mess we were in December and January.
(02-20-2021, 05:13 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

MY point being,if Allardyce was to stay on, he is not an idiot. He could build a squad and a good chance get us back up.
(02-20-2021, 05:17 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:12 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: When we go down, we have to admit that we finished with a better organised team under BFS than Slav left us with.

If we continue to defend as we have done in the last two games, sure. But the other 10 games under him we've been completely disorganised.

He’s had to assess the squad, bring in four or five better players whilst trying to get results out of the most flimsy squad to grace the Prem for many a year.

Yeah, but it's still been only 2 games. If we keep this up then he deserves praise and bringing in Yokuslu into the XI has made us so much more solid and structured but we need to perform like this for the rest of the season and not revert to the disorganised mess we were in December and January.

We were the disorganised mess because of everything that happened before he arrived.
If BFS stays theres probably more chance Okay and Diagne will too.

At this level it's all about the players.  If we were unsure coming into the season we should be pretty certain now. Let's hope lessons are learned for the future.
They are certainly fitter!!
(02-20-2021, 05:21 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: We were the disorganised mess because of everything that happened before he arrived.

I'm sorry, but I think this is a cop out. Yes the squad was poor, unfit and unbalanced but even then we seemed worse under Allardyce than we did under Bilic for a fair while. It's not as though Allardyce was being forced at gunpoint to play Sawyers in front of the defence for several games, why couldn't he have played Field or Toby King sitting in front of the defence until we brought in Yokuslu?
(02-20-2021, 05:24 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:21 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: We were the disorganised mess because of everything that happened before he arrived.

I'm sorry, but I think this is a cop out. Yes the squad was poor, unfit and unbalanced but even then we seemed worse under Allardyce than we did under Bilic for a fair while. It's not as though Allardyce was being forced at gunpoint to play Sawyers in front of the defence for several games, why couldn't he have played Field or Toby King sitting in front of the defence until we brought in Yokuslu?
If you think that the unfit shower he inherited were capable of playing his game, then you are being unfair to him. His teams always get worse before they get better. The assembled squad were the most unbalanced I have ever seen.

The biggest mistake was not appointing him in the summer. We all knew Slav was a busted flush after the back end of last season, and the players he insisted we recruit like Grant and Krov.