Improvement
It would be churlish and myopic to deny that there hasn’t been an improvement over the last couple of matches. Last week against United we battled and scrapped for a deserved point and again today we kept our shape and focus after going down to 10 men and for better finished we really should have won.

Usually when you see the improvements in organisation and fight the results start to trickle through shortly afterwards.

Just a shame it’s all going to be too late.
(02-20-2021, 04:54 PM)Duffers Wrote: It would be churlish and myopic to deny that there hasn’t been an improvement over the last couple of matches. Last week against United we battled and scrapped for a deserved point and again today we kept our shape and focus after going down to 10 men and for better finished we really should have won.

Usually when you see the improvements in organisation and fight the results start to trickle through shortly afterwards.

Just a shame it’s all going to be too late.
Agree. Possibly the most solid performance of the season. Only thing lacking was a goal.
As I’ve said and probably many others too, if only this side started last summer.
Don’t think SJ had a save to make today,and only a couple last week.There is definitely an improvement,which could bode well for next season.
Can't fault the effort today, just a lack of quality.

We could have easily taken 6 points from the last 2 games. I think if we were at Fulham's points total I'd fancy us to stay up. Sadly we have too much to do.
Shows what sensible recruitment to address your weaknesses does
(02-20-2021, 04:55 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: As I’ve said and probably many others too, if only this side started last summer.

Summer recruiting was awful
When we go down, we have to admit that we finished with a better organised team under BFS than Slav left us with.

Too much loyalty shown in the summer to players and coaches alike.
(02-20-2021, 05:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: When we go down, we have to admit that we finished with a better organised team under BFS than Slav left us with.

If we continue to defend as we have done in the last two games, sure. But the other 10 games under him we've been completely disorganised.
(02-20-2021, 05:05 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: When we go down, we have to admit that we finished with a better organised team under BFS than Slav left us with.

If we continue to defend as we have done in the last two games, sure. But the other 10 games under him we've been completely disorganised.

He’s had to assess the squad, bring in four or five better players whilst trying to get results out of the most flimsy squad to grace the Prem for many a year.