If, Rangers FC...
win their first ever Scottish Premiership tomorrow, they'll be just the one behind Dumbarton.
(03-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: win their first ever Scottish Premiership tomorrow, they'll be just the one behind Dumbarton.

Dumbarton have won the Scottish Premiership?
Well done to Rangers, Gerrard has done a great job.
hudds Wrote:
Tom Joad Wrote:win their first ever Scottish Premiership tomorrow, they'll be just the one behind Dumbarton.

Twice, apparently.
(03-06-2021, 06:30 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
hudds Wrote:
Tom Joad Wrote:win their first ever Scottish Premiership tomorrow, they'll be just the one behind Dumbarton.

Twice, apparently.

I thought you meant since they renamed it from the SFL.  Mind, that League has been through so many formats, I though it had been redesignated earlier than that.

I was always fascinated by the previous winners as kid (or the names) Third Lanark, Vale of Leven...

The skirl of the pipes.  Hoots.
Gerrard has done a great job at Rangers....I was listening to his interview on the High Performance Podcast and I think he will be a very successful manager/coach
(03-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: win their first ever Scottish Premiership tomorrow, they'll be just the one behind Dumbarton.

Puts them even further ahead of Celtic in top flight titles
Celtic were always going to lose their title at some point. Rangers get it by being slightly less shit than them for a season.

Mickey Mouse league dominated by two equally loathsome clubs. If one falters the other one gets it by default.
Amazed me how Hearts didn’t win it that one year under Burley with Skacel knocking them in for fun.
(03-06-2021, 07:33 PM)Duffers Wrote: Celtic were always going to lose their title at some point. Rangers get it by being slightly less shit than them for a season.

Mickey Mouse league dominated by two equally loathsome clubs. If one falters the other one gets it by default.

Well, had Celtic not grown complacent and cut their budgets massively while replacing Brendan Rogers with Neil Lennon they might well have won ten in a row this year, or at the very least posed a challenge.

The issue with Scottish football is exemplified by the fact that even though Celtic have been supremely shit neither Hibs nor Aberdeen can overtake them into second. If you ignore the Old Firm it's a decent league where anyone can finish anywhere but it's so difficult to ignore the Old Firm.