Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC is over now for a great Indian Summer
(07-31-2018, 02:54 PM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote: I think I would have picked Both Ali & Porter Over Malan & Curran
but it was always going to be a tight call.
Hope Malan get a good score, And Curran gets some wickets
,don't think all is well in the Indian camp
at the moment.
Care to elaborate?
The Indians are always good for an over seas tour bust up or two, too many massive egos in such a confined schedule
(07-31-2018, 03:44 PM)Sidders Wrote: The Indians are always good for an over seas tour bust up or two, too many massive egos in such a confined schedule

Bigger ego than Broad or Stokes?

Exemplary tour v the Saffers recently.
Just going on past history

Massive couple of tests for Malan, his place in the batting line up must be seriously under threat, Stokes is obviously not trusted to be the third seamer hence the selection of Curran, pressure on Rasid will be huge, will the Indian batsmen go for him straight off ? Will Kholi finally manage to conquer the moving ball ? Is Anderson the force he has been for so long ? Loads of individual and collective battles to be contested..... I can’t wait
(07-31-2018, 04:10 PM)rsbaggy Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 03:44 PM)Sidders Wrote: The Indians are always good for an over seas tour bust up or two, too many massive egos in such a confined schedule

Bigger ego than Broad or Stokes?

Exemplary tour v the Saffers recently.

Plenty of big shots in that Indian Dressing Room - but nothing like the egos with England. India's patchy recent away form is more to do with basic application on green pitches/ against good seamers. As skipper Ganguly solved this for a while - now it's up to Virat
Beginning to think we should have picked Ali instead of Malan/Curran after seeing that ball to Cook !!
I'd have got rid of Malan post-Pakistan and as I keep saying, what does Rory Burns have to do to get a game. Ali or Rashid are much of a muchness, not sure either have the temperament to bowl 25 tight overs a day in test match cricket. Stokes is massively under cooked.

Still, it's not been a bad first hour.
Depending on the middle order once again
Hope Root goes on this time.
England edging it here