Anyone coming to Cornwall in the summer.
They are beginning the dualling of the A30 between Carland cross and Chiverton cross in the spring, so if you have to go beyond Carland cross, expect very long delays.
(03-19-2021, 08:17 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: They are beginning the dualling of the A30 between Carland cross and Chiverton cross in the spring, so if you have to go beyond Carland cross, expect very long delays.

Shit.  I was hoping to get to a mate's house in Newlyn.  Looks like it'll be a mate in Constantine Bay instead.
I looked at the prices for some of the hotels and decided to give it a miss this year, The Headlands in Newquay is running at the same rates as the The Address Downtown in Dubai by the looks of it  Confused
(03-19-2021, 08:42 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I looked at the prices for some of the hotels and decided to give it a miss this year, The Headlands in Newquay is running at the same rates as the The Address Downtown in Dubai by the looks of it  Confused

Given prices are up 35% on average in the UK I'll be giving this a swerve too this year. Can't see the point in paying £2-2.5k a week for a small house in Devon/Cornwall when there's every chance it will piss down with rain.
(03-19-2021, 08:51 AM)Fido Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 08:42 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I looked at the prices for some of the hotels and decided to give it a miss this year, The Headlands in Newquay is running at the same rates as the The Address Downtown in Dubai by the looks of it  Confused

Given prices are up 35% on average in the UK I'll be giving this a swerve too this year. Can't see the point in paying £2-2.5k a week for a small house in Devon/Cornwall when there's every chance it will piss down with rain.

This is where we are as well, some mad prices out there! Sorry cornish, looks like you are going to be nose to tail with Bentleys and Ranges Rovers this year, no room at the inn for us pretentious middle class buggers.
We are paying £2.4k for two weeks in a static near Padstow! School age kids so we are used to massively overpaying for holidays every year!!
Avoiding the UK as much as possible, sick of being here !!
(03-19-2021, 08:58 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 08:51 AM)Fido Wrote:

This is where we are as well, some mad prices out there! Sorry cornish, looks like you are going to be nose to tail with Bentleys and Ranges Rovers this year, no room at the inn for us pretentious middle class buggers.
You have probably made the right decision, considering the roadworks and the place will be more rammed than usual.
Thanks for the heads up Cornish. We decided to bite the bullet and booked a cottage in St Ives in September. Its expensive but they have had such a tough time in hospitality this last year. Do you have any thoughts as to when the work might be finished? Cheers.
I’ll be there-annual family holiday with my grandkids with their moms and dads,Newquay is the place for us-Headland Road normally.Red Lion close by,good food and beer,Harbour a short walk away kids play there for hours,love the place.