Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Carroll - no he’s not dead
Both him and Winston Reid out for three months. Kinda funny, but what a wasted talent. The rumour is that there was some incident involving drink and trying to climb up a balcony to get to his room and falling.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/...d-surgery/

In his first couple of games against us he was carp. Bosses by Olsson and Scharner. Recently one of his 6 games a season is invariably against us. And he scores.
(07-12-2018, 10:45 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: In his first couple of games against us he was carp. Bosses by Olsson and Scharner. Recently one of his 6 games a season is invariably against us. And he scores.

Tell me about it. He’d been out for three months (I think) when like Lazarus he was risen and came on to score a last minute equaliser against us towards the end of the season - one of about 15 ‘what if’ moments where we were on the wrong side of fate.

All players miss games due to injury.

But I'm sure I've read somewhere that he's missed something like 150 of the fuggers.
(07-12-2018, 11:35 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: All players miss games due to injury.

But I'm sure I've read somewhere that he's missed something like 150 of the fuggers.

Averaging 23 league appearances per season for the past 10 years, and I’m assuming a fair few of them are when he’s come on for the last few minutes as a substitute. So 150 missed matches seems about right. Take the injuries away, and surely he’d have been an England regular.

Waste of what looked like from the outset, a promising career. If ever there was a case for bad training and rushed recovery processes to be looked into for lengthy injuries it would be Andy Carroll, having said that perhaps he just doesn't look after himself or his ankles and knees are indeed made of twiglets.
But he’s probably now a multi millionaire.....sad really, but clubs are stupid enough to reward these kind of people
(07-13-2018, 07:25 AM)wba_go_boing Wrote: But he’s probably now a multi millionaire.....sad really, but clubs are stupid enough to reward these kind of people

Probably??

His salary alone allows that each season let alone all his signing on fees and endorsements
(07-13-2018, 05:07 AM)SausEggBagel Wrote: Waste of what looked like from the outset, a promising career. If ever there was a case for bad training and rushed recovery processes to be looked into for lengthy injuries it would be Andy Carroll, having said that perhaps he just doesn't look after himself or his ankles and knees are indeed made of twiglets.

And the fact he’s thick as pig shit.
(07-13-2018, 05:07 AM)SausEggBagel Wrote: Waste of what looked like from the outset, a promising career. If ever there was a case for bad training and rushed recovery processes to be looked into for lengthy injuries it would be Andy Carroll, having said that perhaps he just doesn't look after himself or his ankles and knees are indeed made of twiglets.

I’d also question the mentality. Guys like Carroll and Sic Vic are always injured for a reason!