Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vydra coming back?
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...tej-vydra/
He may have gone elsewhere by the time we receive offers for Rondon or JRod
Rodriguez to Burnley for £20m and Vydra in for £11m would represent decent business IMO. It would also give us plenty of cash to bring in another striker to boost our front line.

I like JRod, but Vydra is a few years younger, and is a proven Championship goal scorer. His goals per minute ratio last season was outrageous - pretty much every shot he had flew in.

He's less of a team player than Rodriguez, but he would add the cutting edge we lack, and if Rondon can be convinced to stay, a strike force of Rondon, Vydra, HRK + £9m to spend is an opportunity. Marriott/Assombalonga would finish it nicely.

(07-13-2018, 07:45 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: He may have gone elsewhere by the time we receive offers for Rondon or JRod

The ball is in the club's court on Rodriguez. He seems to be Burnley's top target and the gap between what they want to pay/we want seems more than bridgeable. I'd be looking to finalise that deal in the next few days as agree we risk losing players after our top targets have gone.
Seems like a sensible way to approach things. We don’t know how far down the line either of our current strikers are with a move.
Vydra 26, J Rod 28 so not much between them in age.
Not convinced Burnley will pay £20M. They don't seem that type of club.
(07-13-2018, 07:53 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Vydra 26, J Rod 28 so not much between them in age.

They may have to change their ways, especially now they're in Europe. Fulham spent £30m on some French midfielder yesterday.
(07-13-2018, 07:47 AM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: Rodriguez to Burnley for £20m and Vydra in for £11m would represent decent business IMO. It would also give us plenty of cash to bring in another striker to boost our front line.

I like JRod, but Vydra is a few years younger, and is a proven Championship goal scorer. His goals per minute ratio last season was outrageous - pretty much every shot he had flew in.

He's less of a team player than Rodriguez, but he would add the cutting edge we lack, and if Rondon can be convinced to stay, a strike force of Rondon, Vydra, HRK + £9m to spend is an opportunity. Marriott/Assombalonga would finish it nicely.

(07-13-2018, 07:45 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: He may have gone elsewhere by the time we receive offers for Rondon or JRod

The ball is in the club's court on Rodriguez. He seems to be Burnley's top target and the gap between what they want to pay/we want seems more than bridgeable. I'd be looking to finalise that deal in the next few days as agree we risk losing players after our top targets have gone.

+1
(07-13-2018, 07:56 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 07:53 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Vydra 26, J Rod 28 so not much between them in age.

They may have to change their ways, especially now they're in Europe. Fulham spent £30m on some French midfielder yesterday.

I note that yesterday Dyce said that they were about to break their transfer record again
(07-13-2018, 07:59 AM)Beano16 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 07:56 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:

I note that yesterday Dyce said that they were about to break their transfer record again

I actually think £30m on Rodriguez and Dawson would be decent business for both clubs if we can get it done sooner rather than later. Presumably Burnley want to get things tied up as they're playing in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League the end of this month.
As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

I'd hate for it to look like both our strikers are going to stay, then at the last minute somebody pays Rondon's release clause or Burnley pay over the top money for Jay, leaving it too late to get in our own players.