Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huth
On a free with highest wages.hes 33 but still got 2 to 3 years at this level in him imo and lots of experience as we know. So a big yes from me. I also think he would come to us if we made an offer.
Out for most of last season with an injury, but I'd agree it's a yes if we keep him fit.

Also, it will make the Seals cry.
Yes from me but needs a speedier defensive partner with him.
Played for us in our friendly this week, though supposedly there's no intention of us signing him. He's seen as a bit of a legend by Stoke fans, some of which would have him signed up like a shot if they could.

Frankly, I thought he was shot at as a footballer when he left us, but Leicester's miraculous training methods saw him walk off with a league winners medal. 

Finding the new Huth should be something teams like ours are doing. I can't see how the original would be of any practical use other than kicking a few butts in the dressing room if necessary.

No more old men.
(07-13-2018, 07:51 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Played for us in our friendly this week, though supposedly there's no intention of us signing him. He's seen as a bit of a legend by Stoke fans, some of which would have him signed up like a shot if they could.

Frankly, I thought he was shot at as a footballer when he left us, but Leicester's miraculous training methods saw him walk off with a league winners medal. 

Finding the new Huth should be something teams like ours are doing. I can't see how the original would be of any practical use other than kicking a few butts in the dressing room if necessary.
I think he still has a lot to offer particularly if we are blooding a few youngsters and lose experienced heads. He is a leader that’s for sure and does not need to be same player he once was in the champ. Obviously not good enough for prem any longer.
Bu bu but he's a thug Tom
Just no! As posted above, "No more old men".

And he is a thug, Tom.
(07-13-2018, 10:06 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Just no! As posted above, "No more old men".

And he is a thug, Tom.

Tell us who yor ideal centre halves are. And if we can afford them .
(07-13-2018, 10:11 PM)Johnny_Rep Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 10:06 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Just no! As posted above, "No more old men".

And he is a thug, Tom.

Tell us who yor ideal centre halves are. And if we can afford them .

That's not a very sensible response, is it? Huth is elderly, slow, injury prone recently, and has a solid track record of wrestling with his opponents instead of playing football. Signing Huth now is the equivalent of signing Gareth Barry a year ago. Cheap, lazy thought process.

I've just read Ally Robertson's book. He made his debut for the Albion at 17. Despite a broken leg, he'd made around 100 starts in the League by the time he was 21. Robson and Statham were much the same. Somebody out there is ready to step up.