We’re all going on a Summer holiday
(03-27-2021, 11:48 PM)waffle Wrote: People are overestimating the impact of variants.  Variants are news. In 2 years time, they won’t be. It will be a constant battle between the virus and the vaccine but, generally, the vaccine will win on this one. Yes, a change to in the structure of the virus will impact the effectiveness of a vaccine, but even a 50% effective vaccine will materially reduce icu admissions. Slowly but surely, we’re getting there.

And that is key. Slowly but surely.
I'm fine with lockdown being lifted and vaccinations continuing. But in the short term, social distancing, masks, hygiene, etc must be maintained. We must not help transmissions under any circumstances.
The need for better fast testing to isolate infected people is vital to halt the transmission rate.
I'm sure our scientists are working on these.
What happened with the sniffer dog trials, intended for airport arrivals, that's all gone quiet?
I'm fine with lockdown being lifted and vaccinations continuing. But in the short term, social distancing, masks, hygiene, etc must be maintained. We must not help transmissions under any circumstances.
The need for better fast testing to isolate infected people is vital to halt the transmission rate.
I'm sure our scientists are working on these.
What happened with the sniffer dog trials, intended for airport arrivals, that's all gone quiet?
Well - the Germans are anyway

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/28/thou...tion-cases

Germans can't travel in their own country
Spanish can't travel in their own country

But Germans can travel to Spain.

Someones losing the plot and I'm beginning to think it might be me
(03-29-2021, 11:56 AM)strawman Wrote: Well - the Germans are anyway

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/28/thou...tion-cases

Germans can't travel in their own country
Spanish can't travel in their own country

But Germans can travel to Spain.

Someones losing the plot and I'm beginning to think it might be me

There's something mildly comforting to know that our government isn't the only one that has absolutely no clue when it comes to travel