The 5th T20
(03-20-2021, 05:32 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 05:12 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 05:08 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 05:03 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Roy is vastly overrated by the selectors. A slogger with little cricketing brain. Yet they still persist with him. He is a massive weak link in an otherwise outstanding team.

Nah, I'm not having that. He averages 40 in ODIs and 25 at 140 in T20Is. He's a good white ball cricketer and has helped get England off to good starts on several occasions.

Including him in the test setup was dumb, but that's a different story entirely.
I'd beg to differ ... don't know the stats but there has to be several better to pick and I am guessing his recent figures say over the last 18 months don't look so good.

He's averaging close to Buttler and Bairstow overall, he scores at a quick rate. He was also decent in the recent Big Bash and has outscored Buttler this series. On top of that, the only other T20 series he's played in recently was in SA as he was injured for the two series in the summer.

The only player with a similar "pedigree" and record is Hales who is out of the setup and not coming back. There's Bell-Drummond and Duckett but the only other opener who has "lit-up" domestic T20 cricket recently is Luke Wright. Banton and Billings coming in would involve shuffling Malan and Bairstow around.
Don't doubt the stats. Just doesn't fill me with confidence. Must be just a gut feeling but he ''appears'' to me to be very inconsistent.
He plays the role with license to thrown the bat from the get go, you’re always going to get the odd low score and chasing that total today you can’t be too critical

Five great matches, and India batted superbly today. I did see Kholi was reinforcing his mantle as the biggest cock wobble in world cricket again, what a twat he is. I dare to think how many mirrors he must have in each room of his house....

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(03-20-2021, 06:30 PM)Cuzer Wrote: He plays the role with license to thrown the bat from the get go, you’re always going to get the odd low score and chasing that total today you can’t be too critical

Five great matches, and India batted superbly today. I did see Kholi was reinforcing his mantle as the biggest cock wobble in world cricket again, what a twat he is. I dare to think how many mirrors he must have in each room of his house....

Cuzer

Just had a look at Roy's stats ... average in year 2020. 8 innings 102 runs at an average of 12.8 with a high of 32. Not so hot recently then.

Kohli ain't gonna be doffing his cap at anyone that's for sure.
I can't be doing with the short format game but just seen the highlights. What an amazing catch! I think if you were there you'd wonder what had happened.
(03-20-2021, 06:30 PM)Cuzer Wrote: He plays the role with license to thrown the bat from the get go, you’re always going to get the odd low score and chasing that total today you can’t be too critical

Cuzer

Great series. India finally got their top 6 right. Did wonder if 225 was going to be enough halfway through the chase

These 2 sides look the best of the bunch - NZ and Pak close behind. A 20/20 WC would be v interesting right now
(03-20-2021, 10:10 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Cuzer

Great series. India finally got their top 6 right. Did wonder if 225 was going to be enough halfway through the chase

These 2 sides look the best of the bunch - NZ and Pak close behind. A 20/20 WC would be v interesting right now

Think it’s just minor tinkering required for Eng. I do think Jonny Bairstow must wonder what he’s done wrong to not be opening. I get the reasoning behind Buttler batting as high up the order as possible, and I assume a lot of statistical analysis has gone into the decision to have him open but I’d have him coming in between 3 and 5 depending on the game situation with Jonny opening with Roy. We’ve loads of options though and should go close at the World Cup
(03-20-2021, 06:40 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:

Cuzer

Just had a look at Roy's stats ... average in year 2020. 8 innings 102 runs at an average of 12.8 with a high of 32. Not so hot recently then.

Kohli ain't gonna be doffing his cap at anyone that's for sure.

Too busy pleasuring himself into it I would imagine

Utter cockwomble

Decent player mind!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Cor believe how piss - poor our bowling was!

Short of a length, outside of off stump (by a country mile) time and time again ffs!

No aggresion from the batsmen when needed

Pathetic!