The cricket
Off to a flyer only for it to go to shite again.
There has to be a mentality issue with the England squad, far too many collapses in all three formats over the last few years. Also really don't rate Billings, especially seeing as his inclusion forces Stokes up the order.
Beggars belief.. If I was Bairstow, I'd demand a transfer.
(03-23-2021, 04:14 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: There has to be a mentality issue with the England squad, far too many collapses in all three formats over the last few years. Also really don't rate Billings, especially seeing as his inclusion forces Stokes up the order.

We can't be doing that badly in the short games, we are number 1 in the world at both and World champions in the ODIs! Hardly an issue.

I would agree at Test level but that's down to a lack of quality rather than mentality.
Lessons being handed out at every level.
(03-23-2021, 04:34 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 04:14 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: There has to be a mentality issue with the England squad, far too many collapses in all three formats over the last few years. Also really don't rate Billings, especially seeing as his inclusion forces Stokes up the order.

We can't be doing that badly in the short games, we are number 1 in the world at both and World champions in the ODIs! Hardly an issue.

I would agree at Test level but that's down to a lack of quality rather than mentality.

It's happened a lot in T20s and ODIs too though, it's just that we just have a lot of good white ball cricketers at the moment who can temper the effect unlike in Test cricket.
(03-23-2021, 04:36 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Lessons being handed out at every level.

You must be made up beating our 2nd string?

Cuzer

That bowling attack of ours has always been my gripe, just not enoough wicket takers if Archer/Woakes don't play

Tom Curran is just getting found out at T20 level and ODI for me, sure he's a few variations but the quickest way to stop the run rate is to take wickets, think England lack enough of these right now, especially in the squad we currently have in India, plenty missing who make the best 11

To a degree they're experimenting and we have to accept this, problem is if a few don't step up they'll miss their opportunity when the serious stuff arrives

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(03-23-2021, 06:12 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 04:36 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Lessons being handed out at every level.

You must be made up beating our 2nd string?

Cuzer

That bowling attack of ours has always been my gripe, just not enoough wicket takers if Archer/Woakes don't play

Tom Curran is just getting found out at T20 level and ODI for me, sure he's a few variations but the quickest way to stop the run rate is to take wickets, think England lack enough of these right now, especially in the squad we currently have in India, plenty missing who make the best 11

To a degree they're experimenting and we have to accept this, problem is if a few don't step up they'll miss their opportunity when the serious stuff arrives

Cuzer
Pray tell in the whole tour who were the first teamers England were missing?

India only had a few it's true ... Shami, Jadeja, Bumrah, Yadav ....that's just the bowling department!  Big Grin
Great win for India - 317 looked a bit light for a while.  

For me, these limited overs series are like international friendlies in football. Good result but it’s all about the tournaments