School Proms
Primary schools around here also have 'Graduation Ceremonies'. Yup, graduation.
I don't see this guy has done much wrong. I agree with every word he wrote. They say, The truth hurts.
To strike him off is beyond any measure of punishment for the 'crime'.
Proms. I'm so bored with the USA.
(03-23-2021, 11:15 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: How long before the stretched limo, horse to be ridden sidesaddle or a jcb if that is the want, has to be funded by the tax payer for low income families, so their little cherub's don't feel deprived.

There is an organisation near Luton, that hires out prom dresses to  children, so parents don't have to pay exorbitant  sums to buy them.

It does seem to be another way of  making children from deprived backgrounds feel excluded from much of the culture that affects them.

It's  not just proms, it extends to birthday parties, xmas presents, even the tooth fairy.... heard on the radio someone complaining that I'm their  area the going rate amongst the well heeled was thirty pounds a tooth!!!!.
Makes me puke the whole prom thing does. My daughter would have had hers this year and was glad it got cancelled. Solihull parents do it in a particularly OTT way.
(03-23-2021, 10:39 AM)hudds Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 10:29 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 09:02 AM)hudds Wrote: School proms in the UK?  This is a thing?

At least 20 years.

This can't be right.  It just can't.

Help!

I remember 'leaving' school. I did my last exam, walked out and never went back or spoke to anyone who I went so school with. I've spoken to a few since mind.
Day I left in 81 there was a fair at Lightwoods Park in Bearwood and we all went there. I remember Tennants Super playing a part in the day too.
I remember my last day of secondary school clearly.

I also remember the following morning when the post arrived. And my dad going ape shit, calling into work to take the morning off and him heading up to see the head teacher.