Something to look out for
https://twitter.com/titan_plus/status/13...8848384017
(03-29-2021, 02:30 PM)Madness Wrote: https://twitter.com/titan_plus/status/13...8848384017

Not good. I said a few months back I'm worried about this summer and the Chinese.

Anyone ITK over a possible sale?
Pretty sure it changes very little... Lai has never put money in, and has never taken money out. The clubs mentioned in China were being bankrolled by large corporations, whereas our model is one of self-sustenance.

Lai is unlikely to be able to recoup anywhere near his £180m investment through attempting to asset strip - and as many posts have explained, it's really not very easy to do this anyway - his best exit strategy has always been, and always will be, by having us in the PL.

As it stands, I assume we will get relegated, sell a couple players, invest in replacements, run at a small profit/loss, and hopefully return to the PL within 2 years where hopefully we'll be facing more secure and predictable economic times allowing Lai to sell.
(03-29-2021, 03:12 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Pretty sure it changes very little... Lai has never put money in, and has never taken money out. The clubs mentioned in China were being bankrolled by large corporations, whereas our model is one of self-sustenance.

Lai is unlikely to be able to recoup anywhere near his £180m investment through attempting to asset strip - and as many posts have explained, it's really not very easy to do this anyway - his best exit strategy has always been, and always will be, by having us in the PL.

As it stands, I assume we will get relegated, sell a couple players, invest in replacements, run at a small profit/loss, and hopefully return to the PL within 2 years where hopefully we'll be facing more secure and predictable economic times allowing Lai to sell.

Exactly right.
Does this mean we can recall Yuning from his loan? Big Grin
I think he will instruct to do a Norwich, rather than a two year plan.
(03-29-2021, 05:42 PM)Supamart Wrote: I think he will instruct to do a Norwich, rather than a two year plan.

Just need to find a Pukki!
If it pushes him to make a sale then it may be no bad thing.
(03-29-2021, 09:26 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: If it pushes him to make a sale then it may be no bad thing.

This every time. We live in hope!
(03-29-2021, 09:26 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: If it pushes him to make a sale then it may be no bad thing.

That depends greatly on who we get sold to. I am unsure why people are so certain there's a better owner out there for us.