Finding Jack Charlton.
Just finished watching it.

Enjoyable yet emotional.
Championship crap.
(04-01-2021, 09:26 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Championship crap.

World cup winner.

Leeds legend.

Hardly.
Nick the emotional chilli mon
(04-01-2021, 09:31 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Nick the emotional chilli mon

Have you seen it?
(04-01-2021, 09:31 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

World cup winner.

Leeds legend.

Hardly.

Sorry. Just so used to seeing you spout that shite on every single thread, thought you’d forgot this one.
(04-01-2021, 09:36 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 09:31 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

World cup winner.

Leeds legend.

Hardly.

Sorry. Just so used to seeing you spout that shite on every single thread, thought you’d forgot this one.

Nah no problem. Cheers, mate.
Actually watched it at 3am this morning as I couldn't sleep.
Why was McGrath a better player when pissed than any of ours sober over the past 20 years?
(04-01-2021, 10:06 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Actually watched it at 3am this morning as I couldn't sleep.
Why was McGrath a better player when pissed than any of ours sober over the past 20 years?

Did you enjoy it?

McGrath was some player in his pomp. Perhaps we should start bathing our lot in Guinness?

Jack was a shadow of his former self and the relationship with his brother was quite sad.
Truly brilliant BBC documentary on so many levels. Firstly the pain of old age and dementia, additionally the fraught issues of families and how cracks can turn to chasms. Then add to this the politics of England and Ireland's centuries old tortures, and how the underdog can prove himself a winner and reinvigorate a nation with it's leader a man from the opposite side.
If you need more, it shows how a plain speaking Northern bloke with stubbornness and a good heart can instigate peace.
Make of it what you will ladies, but anyone with any depth will ruminate on it for ages- 10/10 for me.