Chelsea Marks....
Great win, thought we were unfortunate to go behind initially as started the game well, pressing Chelsea high up the pitch which was nice to see and credit to Sam for changing the shape as even prior to the red card you could see it gave us our best chance of getting something from the game, which we clearly needed to do

SJ 6 - Strange one today as he actually was a little sloppy at times, the punch/flap which I think happened at 2-1 was woeful, nice assist though and the form he's been in he's allowed an "average" one

Furlong 8 - Switched off for their 2nd by not tracking Alonso but that apart had a great game, such an athlete which you need to be in that formation, will be a real asset next season and is improving week on week for me

Townsend 8 - Another solid performance, good use of the ball, never flusters and nice work in the build up to our fourth goal

Ajayi 9* Thought he was superb today, one time he was caught in possession and I can't remember him putting a foot wrong, 100% pass completion from a centre half shows how good he uses the ball, coming in from out of the cold that was some performance

O-Shea 7 - Started well and was solid prior to injury

Yokulsu 8 - Sloppy a couple of times in possession which has been unlike him but played 3 x 90 mins I believe for the Turks so was no doubt a tad leggy but still a class act and makes us look a much better outfit

AMN 7 - AWOL for the first 45, looked the one most likely to have been playing international football for a fourtnight, offered us very little, 2nd half a lot more like what we need, good energy and crisper passing

Phillips 9 - Credit where it's due, put a great shift in either in the centre or out wide, has actually been playing well since brought back in and looks fit which is good to see, my gripe has always been I feel Robinson offers us more, as good as Phillips was today the case for Robbo could arguably have been louder

Pereira 9 - Oozes class, to think some people want to "cash in" on such a talent, alas all today would have done is add a couple of million to his value and for the chances of him playing in the championship to deminish further, when played in the right position and with attacking players on the pitch around him he's a cut above at our level

Mbaye 8 - Nice finish for goal and some excellent hold up play at times, do feel if you can get him motivated for next season he could score goals whatever division we play in

Subs - Ivanovic - 6 - Showed he's not quite as slow as we all thought.....and then went off

Robinson 9 - Excellent, everything he brings, energy, direct running, finding pockets of space, criminally overlooked and today he showed why he needs to be involved more

Livermore - 6 Hand in the 5th, only on for 5 mins

Alas no doubt all a little too late and do feel we really should have gone for it more against Newcastle especially or even at Palace but enjoy today whilst we can

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(04-03-2021, 03:52 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Great win, thought we were unfortunate to go behind initially as started the game well, pressing Chelsea high up the pitch which was nice to see and credit to Sam for changing the shape as even prior to the red card you could see it gave us our best chance of getting something from the game, which we clearly needed to do

SJ 6 - Strange one today as he actually was a little sloppy at times, the punch/flap which I think happened at 2-1 was woeful, nice assist though and the form he's been in he's allowed an "average" one

Furlong 8 - Switched off for their 2nd by not tracking Alonso but that apart had a great game, such an athlete which you need to be in that formation, will be a real asset next season and is improving week on week for me

Townsend 8 - Another solid performance, good use of the ball, never flusters and nice work in the build up to our fourth goal

Ajayi 9* Thought he was superb today, one time he was caught in possession and I can't remember him putting a foot wrong, 100% pass completion from a centre half shows how good he uses the ball, coming in from out of the cold that was some performance

O-Shea 7 - Started well and was solid prior to injury

Yokulsu 8 - Sloppy a couple of times in possession which has been unlike him but played 3 x 90 mins I believe for the Turks so was no doubt a tad leggy but still a class act and makes us look a much better outfit

AMN 7 - AWOL for the first 45, looked the one most likely to have been playing international football for a fourtnight, offered us very little, 2nd half a lot more like what we need, good energy and crisper passing

Phillips 9 - Credit where it's due, put a great shift in either in the centre or out wide, has actually been playing well since brought back in and looks fit which is good to see, my gripe has always been I feel Robinson offers us more, as good as Phillips was today the case for Robbo could arguably have been louder

Pereira 9 - Oozes class, to think some people want to "cash in" on such a talent, alas all today would have done is add a couple of million to his value and for the chances of him playing in the championship to deminish further, when played in the right position and with attacking players on the pitch around him he's a cut above at our level

Mbaye 8 - Nice finish for goal and some excellent hold up play at times, do feel if you can get him motivated for next season he could score goals whatever division we playP

Good marks but a little harsh on Bartley  Big Grin
Thought Ajayi was poor to be honest. Fired the ball at Townsend that led to a corner. The corner comes in and he fails to track Zouma's run and he should score but didnt.

On another occasion he has his eyes on Werner but doesn't commit to tracking him but was saved by Johnstone coming out and just beating Werner to the ball.

On another day we concede two goals and Ajayi's errors get noticed rather than forgotten.
Remarkable result given we played with 10 for the whole 90. Big Grin
(04-03-2021, 04:10 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Remarkable result given we played with 10 for the whole 90. Big Grin

Ha ha.

He werent that bad.  Big Grin
chasetownbaggie Wrote:Remarkable result given we played with 10 for the whole 90. Big Grin

Bartley - anonymous  Big Grin
Bartley was too good for words ;-)

He would have been a 9, playing with some form at the minute and should be skipper and leader for next season in the Chump, it's also his last 12 months so we should be looking to discuss a new contract in the summer

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers