Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Emmets aren't happy
The sands too wet  Big Grin 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-45143183#
I was there and locals were moaning at us saying we have brought the internet down with us.......
I was in Portreath on Weds/Thurs due to having an office in Redruth that gets very busy in August when the weather is good, and the sand was perfectly fine. Sand was much better than the seals in Goldrevy too...

All in all a lovely few days, except for my car getting a flat tyre just south of Exeter... Driving the whole M5 on run flats at 55mph makes you realise just how far away you lot are!
(08-12-2018, 09:04 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: The sands too wet  Big Grin 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-45143183#

Maybe it is ok for making sand castles if you have 6 fingers
(08-12-2018, 11:14 AM)Captainmarvel Wrote: I was there and locals were moaning at us saying we have brought the internet down with us.......

Ironic, seeing as Cornwall was the first to have Superfast Broadband.
(08-12-2018, 12:11 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 11:14 AM)Captainmarvel Wrote: I was there and locals were moaning at us saying we have brought the internet down with us.......

Ironic, seeing as Cornwall was the first to have Superfast Broadband.

I was about to say that.

I never go there, because the locals are always so abusive about tourists. Grockles it was, when I was at Uni and several of my mates were from Devon. Now it's Emmets, apparently.

They can keep their breath-taking scenery and run their lame-ass economy without my contribution.
(08-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

I never go there, because the locals are always so abusive about tourists. Grockles it was, when I was at Uni and several of my mates were from Devon. Now it's Emmets, apparently.

They can keep their breath-taking scenery and run their lame-ass economy without my contribution.

Never been Grockles in Cornwall, always Emmets. Sounds like you've had a bad experience down here.
(08-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

It's only a joke term - always found the locals in.the south west very welcoming despite being overrun with tourists sometimes.
I only visited once, said something that the town crier disagreed with and got banned.