Just 1 more point needed
To equal the 26 we got under Megson in 2002/03
30 under Robson in 2005/06 relegation 
32 in 2008/09 relegation under Mowbray 
31 in 2017/18 (Pulis, Pardew, Moore)
words fail me....
We’ve improved to the point where a humiliating relegation is just a normal relegation. Compared to what was happening around the end of the year that’s some going.
(04-26-2021, 02:45 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We’ve improved to the point where a humiliating relegation is just a normal relegation. Compared to what was happening around the end of the year that’s some going.

Yep. At Xmas many were saying Derby's record was under threat/we wouldn't get 20 points. Imagine we'll hit around 30 points by season end. Think Vilka went down with 17. Not much consolation but at least we've avoided humiliation.
The phenomenal Chelsea result also changed the perception of us as cannon fodder, and gave us something to feel proud about. Bar the Leeds result we've also avoided a massive thrashing this season, whereas even Liverpool have conceded 7 and Man U 6. Crumbs of comfort, but they all help.
(04-26-2021, 03:13 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote: The phenomenal Chelsea result also changed the perception of us as cannon fodder, and gave us something to feel proud about. Bar the Leeds result we've also avoided a massive thrashing this season, whereas even Liverpool have conceded 7 and Man U 6. Crumbs of comfort, but they all help.

We all got tonked 5-0 at home v Man City
(04-26-2021, 03:19 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 03:13 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote: The phenomenal Chelsea result also changed the perception of us as cannon fodder, and gave us something to feel proud about. Bar the Leeds result we've also avoided a massive thrashing this season, whereas even Liverpool have conceded 7 and Man U 6. Crumbs of comfort, but they all help.

Conceded five against Everton and Palace too. And four against Arsenal.
(04-26-2021, 03:31 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 03:19 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Conceded five against Everton and Palace too. And four against Arsenal.

Now known as the "Hawaii Era"
Villa after 34 Games last season had accumulated 27 Points.

Albion ATM have 25 Points from 33 Games.

We need to just look at trying to get 38 Points.

If we do that - we survive IMO.

Galling we dropped 2 points last night

13 points from 5 is v tough now.

Means 4 W and 1 D.

Zero room for error.

I know many will think I’m deluded but we just need to be looking at Wolves on Monday and Winning.

A win yesterday would have meant we required 11 from 5.

Just remember under Mooro we accumulated 11 pts from 5.

Palace was then a “dead rubber”
(04-26-2021, 04:52 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Villa after 34 Games last season had accumulated 27 Points.

Albion ATM have 25 Points from 33 Games.

We need to just look at trying to get 38 Points.

If we do that - we survive IMO.

Galling we dropped 2 points last night

13 points from 5 is v tough now.

Means 4 W and 1 D.

Zero room for error.

I know many will think I’m deluded but we just need to be looking at Wolves on Monday and Winning.

A win yesterday would have meant we required 11 from 5.

Just remember under Mooro we accumulated 11 pts from 5.

Palace was then a “dead rubber”

Give me an extreme optimist any day over an extreme pessimist, but as someone who looks at the glass half full I really think our hopes of staying up are virtually zilch. I think we could end the season very strongly as we have improved so much, but even then the gap and points tally of 17th and above is just too great.

Brighton, Burnley and Newcastle have always consistently done enough and they really are mid table sides with the middle of the table very tight. The 3 at the bottom have been left behind. Us and Fulham can only battle out whose going to be 18th.