Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potter
Before DM had got the job, I was a great advocate of getting Potter in and got some flack .. "Yes, but can he do it in the Chump?" Well, so far, he most definitely can. If he takes Swansea up and we stay in the Chump, I shall be well peeved.
No you won't you will be ecstatic, and will revel in telling us all I told you so
2 games in reminder!!!

We were top of the prem after 2 games last year!
I would have liked Potter but it is early days but has started well
Swans will fall away. They've pretty much sold everyone and brought in not much.
Potter has started well. Their side has a nice balance to it, and seems to be able to keep possession when needed.

He inherited arguably a better squad than Moore did, as they had a few young players out on loan in the Championship he's been able to integrate, and had more numbers allowing him to freeze out those who wanted to leave without relying on traillists to make up an XI in preseason.

If he gets them promoted he'll have done an outstanding job given their owners are even more determined to claw back their investment than Lai, but it's a long season ahead yet. He wasn't my first choice as I felt his methods wouldn't transfer, but I'd have preferred him to Moore just due to his experience and knowledge of other player markets.
(08-12-2018, 11:08 AM)zendog10 Wrote: Before DM had got the job, I was a great advocate of getting Potter in and got some flack .. "Yes, but can he do it in the Chump?" Well, so far, he most definitely can. If he takes Swansea up and we stay in the Chump, I shall be well peeved.

flak
The test of any manager is how they react when the wheels start to come off. They all hit a dodgy patch. It's whether they can pull their team out of it (and if they're allowed the time to do it). Starting well is nice, but fairly meaningless in the great scheme of things. It's how you finish that matters.

(08-12-2018, 11:28 AM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: Potter has started well. Their side has a nice balance to it, and seems to be able to keep possession when needed.

He inherited arguably a better squad than Moore did, as they had a few young players out on loan in the Championship he's been able to integrate, and had more numbers allowing him to freeze out those who wanted to leave without relying on traillists to make up an XI in preseason.

Sorry, but I don't agree with the balance of their squad at all. They have one senior centre back, currently one fit striker (with one out for the next few weeks) so two in total and 5 players left them in the last couple of days before the deadline without replacement.

If Potter takes them up it'll be an unbelievable achievement with one of the thinnest squads in the division.
Potter mints, the hotter mints

Sorry - should be Potter teams the hotter teams (mebbees)