Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
three games in
One win one draw and one loss - a good defence always starts with the keeper - still not convinced about Sam, but we need to start with a clean sheet against QPR, then we can build on that -if/when dawson comes back I think things will improve, but my main concern is the midfield - think our season will depend who we get in on loan - a richard sneekes type player would change the whole dynamic imvhfo.

thems me onions -
(08-12-2018, 12:36 PM)igorbalis Wrote: One win one draw and one loss - a good defence always starts with the keeper - still not convinced about Sam, but we need to start with a clean sheet against QPR, then we can build on that -if/when dawson comes back I think things will improve, but my main concern is the midfield - think our season will depend who we get in on loan - a richard sneekes type player would change the whole dynamic imvhfo.

thems me onions -

Texeira would be lovely! Lovely soft feet that lad had!  Big Grin

All joking aside it's that sort of player we need. A player with a bit of vision that can produce a bit of magic from nothing. 

Chadli fit and focused would be amazing. I keep praying that Graeme Jones might just be able to get him to stay. Could be the difference tbh.
(08-12-2018, 12:36 PM)igorbalis Wrote: One win one draw and one loss - a good defence always starts with the keeper - still not convinced about Sam, but we need to start with a clean sheet against QPR, then we can build on that -if/when dawson comes back I think things will improve, but my main concern is the midfield - think our season will depend who we get in on loan - a richard sneekes type player would change the whole dynamic imvhfo.

thems me onions -

Given the midfield is the same as the last 6 games in the Prem I'm not quite sure what the problem is. 

Brunt can't have lost his legs over the summer.  

Maybe it's because Rondon isn't here as an outlet or we're missing McClean.
(08-12-2018, 01:04 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

thems me onions -

Given the midfield is the same as the last 6 games in the Prem I'm not quite sure what the problem is. 

Completely different game Athers.

In the PL we played much better sides than us, and could soak up possession playing deep. Doing the same in this division won’t work as sides will sit deep and expose it. A point against us for most of this league is a good point, in the PL it was considered 2 dropped.

We also had Dawson and Foster who composed the back line and made defending look easy. With those two missing it makes a big difference to our organisation.

If we’re persisting with Brunt in the middle then we need Dawson back asap.
(08-12-2018, 01:08 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:

thems me onions -

In the PL we played much better sides than us, and could soak up possession playing deep. Doing the same in this division won’t work as sides will sit deep and expose it. A point against us for most of this league is a good point, in the PL it was considered 2 dropped.

We also had Dawson and Foster who composed the back line and made defending look easy. With those two missing it makes a big difference to our organisation.

absolutely this, the championship is a million miles away from the premiership, most albion fans understand that we're a club in transition, Mozza and Brunt great servants of the club are not the answer, hoping we can get a couple of decent loan to permanent in the next few weeks, Im sure the club are monitoring the situation Smile
according to some paper yesterday, BD is monitoring someone's thigh.
(08-12-2018, 01:08 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:

thems me onions -

I was commenting on the midfield, don't get me going on the defence! 

McClean the only difference.  

Chump seems quicker more intense.
It may be the way the teams get at you in this league, McLean did a lot of work and chasing that Livermore and Brunt needed, Dawson was also a big difference.

Or maybe age is catching up......