Player of season
(05-05-2021, 06:06 PM)Squid Wrote: Johnstone - Has been phenomenal.

Pereira - Any happy times this season have generally been produced by him.

Townsend - Made all the "League One Standard" naysayers eat their words and then some. We were a much worse team without him.

+100000000000

Have a bronx hat
I told you I’ll be back
Pereira and Townsend have had their off moments, either in whole games or parts of games.

I can't think, off the top of my head, of any error Johnstone has made this season which, for any player, is unheard of. In addition to being consistently good, he has been outstandingly good at times.
Last year’s space goat it is faw shaw. SJ has come of age and we will reap the financial benefit in a couple of months time
I told you I’ll be back
(05-05-2021, 07:37 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 06:06 PM)Squid Wrote: Johnstone - Has been phenomenal.

Pereira - Any happy times this season have generally been produced by him.

Townsend - Made all the "League One Standard" naysayers eat their words and then some. We were a much worse team without him.

+100000000000

Have a bronx hat

I’ve got a Baggies Bronx Hat
(05-05-2021, 07:49 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Last year’s space goat it is faw shaw. SJ has come of age and we will reap the financial benefit in a couple of months time

Johnstone by a mile. Not even a contest.
Perreria has been exceptional in some games and pretty poor in others (though, to be fair,  he's been played out of position at times). A decent second place.
It's all about opinions, but the idea that Yokuslu could be player of the season, even though he's had a positive effect for half of the season, is a bit weird.
It’s Johnstone or Pereira .... then rest long way behind given when others came in e.g Yokuslu

Have I missed something or has Townsend become Derek Statham? ... he has done okay and everything a LB should do, without much flair but to put him the same category as these two is absolute nonsense

Honourable mention to Bartley
Johnstone has been consistently excellent throughout the whole season and thoroughly deserves the award.

Townsend has similarly been consistent, but I doubt he's contributed as much as SJ or Pereira.

Had Okay been here from the summer, he'd have probably pipped SJ, but there's no contest.

Honourable mentions for Bartley, Furlong and Phillips for upping their game since Sam arrived but they're nowhere near the likes of SJ and MP.
(05-05-2021, 08:03 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: It’s Johnstone or Pereira .... then rest long way behind given when others came in e.g Yokuslu

Townsend has done okay and everything a LB should do, without much flair but to put him the same category as these two is absolute nonsense

Honourable mention to Bartley

It’s not at all. Townsend has been consistently good this season. In terms of him having ‘no flair’....how much ‘flair’ do you believe a left back should have?
Johnstone - no contest. Had he not been quite so good this season, we wouldn’t be far off sitting where Blades do. Some of his saves were week-after-week brilliant, at a time we had nothing else really to cheer about. We’ve taken some drubbings this term for sure, but without him there would have been more.

Periera has provided some memorable moments and is rightly second. But has been absent in some games, even after being played where he should be. That’s not to take anything away - he’s proved he can cut it at this level. Just sadly, that will unlikely be with us.

Townsend and Bartley also make the shortlist for me but Johnstone wins this one comfortably.
Easy choice JOHNSTONE