Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Dawson ever been able to pass ?
This is no disrespect to Dawson but the lad is a really good stopper and a good honest whole hearted defender but our new style of play is asking him to play out and pass the ball.In my opinion this is his biggest weakness and this is one of problems at the back.Birmingham got there tactics spot on by allowing our back three to have the ball knowing that none of them are particularly good at picking a pass.Bartley is being hung out to dry by playing on the left hand side and looks really uncomfortable there.Maybe we need to try either Barry or Field there as they are both left footed.On a positive every time we get into the last third we look like scoring and as long as we keep players fit then I just see a team that's full of goals.
A really good crosser of the ball but struggles with passing
You don't ask players to do what they can't do and hopefully the Management Team won't persist with something that is proven to not work for too long, but it's early days.   

I love what we're trying to do but not sure we have the personnel at the moment but maybe it just needs more work. The thing is the 3 centre backs need to have options to pass to. I felt our movement in front of the back 3 on Friday was poor so that's another aspect that needs to be worked on.
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)Hopalong Wrote: You don't ask players to do what they can't do and hopefully the Management Team won't persist with something that is proven to not work for too long, but it's early days.   

I love what we're trying to do but not sure we have the personnel at the moment but maybe it just needs more work. The thing is the 3 centre backs need to have options to pass to. I felt our movement in front of the back 3 on Friday was poor so that's another aspect that needs to be worked on.

Surely a manager plays to the strengths of the team / squad he has rather than try and make them something they’re not?
There is also the view that the coaches are trying to improve the players’ all round play,to make them more complete.The passing from the back is good to watch when it’s works,which it has in patches.However,we do need to mix it up more and buy/integrate more players that find it easier to play this way. Friday’s game showed how bad it can be when it’s not working,Second half against QPR showed how good it can be. BD should have changed it far earlier than he did.
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)Hopalong Wrote: You don't ask players to do what they can't do and hopefully the Management Team won't persist with something that is proven to not work for too long, but it's early days.   

I think midfield was the key. The back three were looking to make Hollywood passes because the midfield pair were getting swamped. In the past, Brunt would have come short to pick up the ball and moved it forward quickly and accurately. On Friday he wasn’t anywhere near mobile enough, and couldn’t escape the pressure, meaning his passing was also woeful.
(09-16-2018, 10:09 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Surely a manager plays to the strengths of the team / squad he has rather than try and make them something they’re not?

exactly Blues played to there's and were the better side on the night .
(09-16-2018, 10:03 AM)ASOGF Wrote: A really good crosser of the ball but struggles with passing

Does he have many assists.

His passing isn’t great but not as poor as we saw Friday, that was a joke.
(09-16-2018, 12:42 PM)Captainmarvel Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 10:03 AM)ASOGF Wrote: A really good crosser of the ball but struggles with passing

CM - Do you ever have anything nice to say? You whinge and moan, win draw or lose.
Cheer up ffs
(09-16-2018, 12:46 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 12:42 PM)Captainmarvel Wrote:

CM - Do you ever have anything nice to say? You whinge and moan, win draw or lose.
Cheer up ffs

He was absent after the Stoke victory. Shock.