Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team selection on Tues will say a lot about Moore’s approach
Blindingly obvious a couple of players need dropping and we have very capable replacements that are very likely to improve matters 

Will he continue to persist with that nonsense passing across defence when it’s clear we haven’t got the players to do it ? 

Will he change centre of midfield which failed again on Friday? I’d give Barry a go at alert CB instead of Bartley, then we would have a footballer in there who can pass it out of the defence

A clever Manager would look at performance not the result. It was a draw, but in reality a ‘bad defeat’ if you look at the nature of the display. 

8th position flatters us, but I believe we have the squad to get promototed, but really not sure has Moore got the ability to make it work
Dont agree 8th flatters us. Otherwise, good post.
If 3 missed pens had been scored we’d have 6 points and be 18th (plus we got hammered by Forest) so there is no doubt that league position is pretty fortuitous
(09-16-2018, 11:24 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: If 3 missed pens had been scored we’d have 6 points and be 18th (plus we got hammered by Forest) so there is no doubt that league position is pretty fortuitous

Indeed but if we’d scored 4 more goals last season against Huddersfield we’d still be in the prem. Or you could say equally we’ve been unlucky ourselves and hit the post/bar about 5 times this season.

Opening point is a fair one but it’s still very early days and when it’s clicked we’ve looked tasty. 

If there had been no signs that this team can work then I’d be worried but I think we’ve still got a chance.
(09-16-2018, 11:24 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: If 3 missed pens had been scored we’d have 6 points and be 18th (plus we got hammered by Forest) so there is no doubt that league position is pretty fortuitous

If's and maybe's. That's football and we took advantage of those missed pens and Forest didn't hammer us. They had most of the play without really troubling our keeper too much. 
Just cause we've come down from the Prem, teams aren't going to just roll over for us. 

Certainly things to improve on and 8th is about right for where we are as a team at the moment.
(09-16-2018, 10:44 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Blindingly obvious a couple of players need dropping and we have very capable replacements that are very likely to improve matters 

Will he continue to persist with that nonsense passing across defence when it’s clear we haven’t got the players to do it ? 

Will he change centre of midfield which failed again on Friday? I’d give Barry a go at alert CB instead of Bartley, then we would have a footballer in there who can pass it out of the defence

A clever Manager would look at performance not the result. It was a draw, but in reality a ‘bad defeat’ if you look at the nature of the display. 

8th position flatters us, but I believe we have the squad to get promototed, but really not sure has Moore got the ability to make it work
 I largely agree with that last para - but on the basis of chances/ balance of play rather than just the pens. As per the thread from Friday, IMO in the 7 games we have merited:

Draw
Loss
Draw
Win
Loss
Win
Loss 

Which would give us 8 points and 15th

If we'd hit the back of the net, instead of hitting the woodwork 3 times against Forest & once against Blues, we could have won both games. it's all swings and roundabouts.  Rolleyes
I agree BD has the perfect opportunity to tweak what is not working, forget loyalty, pick the best team, Bartley is a liability at the moment, Brunt totally out of form and Dawson needs to show that he wants to be here and perform

Sort those issues and there ain’t much else wrong.....will be interesting how he reacts
Think rodrigues needs to up his game as well ,think he is playing on his reputation at the moment
Missed penalties? Were they not saved? Isn't that what a member of the team called a goalkeeper is supposed to try and do during a match? 
I didn't realise we lost heavily to Forest. 
The league position reflects the number of points we have compared to the other teams or were we 'unlucky' last year to be relegated?