Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appreciation thread
For Matty Phillips.

He’s been consistently our best player this season.

Not bad for a ‘bottler’.
Agree, but maybe this is too soon.
Too soon for what?
One of the best so far this season
Appreciation. Let's give it at least another five games before we get carried away.
(09-16-2018, 01:10 PM)supamart Wrote: Appreciation. Let's give it at least another five games before we get carried away.

Behave. We’re 7 games in and he’s been the one constant performer. 

The bored can go into full meltdown after one draw, we can give Phillips some credit for playing well.
He's never in a million years a wing back, but he has been our best player. He'd be so much more dangerous starting from further up the pitch. Still as we haven't bothered with an actual right back for about five years I don't see that changing any time soon.
(09-16-2018, 01:21 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: He's never in a million years a wing back, but he has been our best player. He'd be so much more dangerous starting from further up the pitch. Still as we haven't bothered with an actual right back for about five years I don't see that changing any time soon.

I see your point but he carries the ball better than anyone in the team. I think he’s doing well in that role.
(09-16-2018, 01:24 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 01:21 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: He's never in a million years a wing back, but he has been our best player. He'd be so much more dangerous starting from further up the pitch. Still as we haven't bothered with an actual right back for about five years I don't see that changing any time soon.

I see your point but he carries the ball better than anyone in the team. I think he’s doing well in that role.

Yeah he is. He's a decent player and more than able to play there against some of the dross we'll play against in this league. Still think picking up an actual right back and getting him a bit further up the pitch would be ideal. Will we ever see Mears and if so reckon he'd play Phillips through the middle?
Phillips was one of the best signings Pulis made. Quick and technically gifted while being strong. Needs an arm round the shoulder at times but for me he is a class player. One of those you pay the ticket price to watch.