Last night
A big pat on the back for the club, officials and staff, the organization was excellent, although some of the info on the os wasn't quite up to scratch, programmes were on sale and the photo ID wasn't needed, but all in all everyone did a brilliant job.

Onto the fans ..... An A1 for everyone there, the atmosphere was amazing and despite a first minute pen caused by an awful loose ball, not once did anyone get on the teams backs, but just supported throughout, a massive well done.
Sounded awesome on TV hearing fans again. Seemed to give great support too.
Superfans only, last night.
Well done to all.
Didn't hear any myself, but Steve Madeley and John Cross both stated on twitter that there was some booing when the teams were 'taking the knee'.

Any that were there please dispel these allegations as on TV it was not evident at all.
The knee seemed to be very quick, hope that isnt why.

Dawson got some stick, as did var Big Grin
(05-20-2021, 09:44 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Didn't hear any myself, but Steve Madeley and John Cross both stated on twitter that there was some booing when the teams were 'taking the knee'.

Any that were there please dispel these allegations as on TV it was not evident at all.

I have to say I heard a little bit - not near us though. Mainly applause.

Gallagher in particular seemed to really revel in the encouragement he got.
(05-20-2021, 09:44 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Didn't hear any myself, but Steve Madeley and John Cross both stated on twitter that there was some booing when the teams were 'taking the knee'.

There was some booing at the back of the Brummie but dwarfed by the numbers clapping
(05-20-2021, 09:50 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

There was some booing at the back of the Brummie but dwarfed by the numbers clapping

Angry Sad
Great to hear “fuck off wanderers, West Brom” on tv again. Big Grin

What I didn’t understand is why parts of the ground hardly had any fans seating in these areas. Shirley to aid social distancing the whole ground should have been used? eg, the SME where the away fans usually sit.
I told you I’ll be back
Very enjoyable (up to the second Ammers goal !) to be back at the old place again.
So much better watching a game live compared to the sanitised experience of tv we have had to endure for 15 months or do.

Watching it lives you could see the class of Matheus Pereira - you could see how he glides along with the ball and the vision he's got along with the incredible tenacity and work rate/impact of Gallagher (superb last night). None of that has come across fully on tv.

Not sure how easy last night's experience could scale up to much more than the 5/6 k with large queues and distancing though.

Greta to be back home though ! Crowd excellent with positivity throughout in all three stands - much more atmosphere than usual games with a full crowd.