Eurovision
(05-23-2021, 07:48 AM)strawman Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:41 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:26 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Let me get this straight as I was unaware of this as I don't watch it, there is a live public vote across Europe, and our UK entry got nil points on that as well..??

Fuggin proper loffin Big Grin

How shit was our person?

Nothing to do with our song. 

For years now it’s a political sham. 

I like it but wouldn’t go out of my way to watch it. 

Massively needs overhauling when it’s so clearly based on the perception of the country rather than the song.

Really ?? Song was fucking awful - sung (and I use that word advisedly) by someone who couldn't sing his own song with the stage presence and charisma of a dead hedgehog

Germany, another shit song with a shit singer, only got 3 points and nowt from the public vote - so we have to assume the rest of Europe - Australia also hate Germany.

It was a poor song, but it is purely political regarding the Uk. There were worse songs last night- the German one stood out as far far worse. Look at several Eurovisions in the past 20 or so years and the case is clear. 

The Greek and Cypriot thing should be sorted too.

We know the Eurovision is lightweight pap, but the contest now is a circus- too many countries involved.
(05-22-2021, 11:14 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 10:55 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 10:39 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Nil points again bit of a joke this is becoming our song was crap tbh but by no means the worse by any stretch of the imagination , think its time we gave it a miss its embarrassing for the poor artists involved.

Almost as if pissing of most of Europe had something to do with it.

Was nil points written on the side of the bus?

You'll actually find it was the 2nd Iraq war that kyboshed the Eurovision vote, led by the man who saw himself as a President of Europe, Blair. I have already dealt with your other facile point about the bus elsewhere and your continual obsession with it only refkects badly on yourself.

Jesus, do you ever take a night off?
(05-23-2021, 08:00 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:26 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Let me get this straight as I was unaware of this as I don't watch it, there is a live public vote across Europe, and our UK entry got nil points on that as well..??

How shit was our person?

Massively needs overhauling when it’s so clearly based on the perception of the country rather than the song.

Really ?? Song was fucking awful - sung (and I use that word advisedly) by someone who couldn't sing his own song with the stage presence and charisma of a dead hedgehog

Germany, another shit song with a shit singer, only got 3 points and nowt from the public vote - so we have to assume the rest of Europe - Australia also hate Germany.

It was a poor song, but it is purely political regarding the Uk. There were worse songs last night- the German one stood out as far far worse. Look at several Eurovisions in the past 20 or so years and the case is clear. 

We know the Eurovision is lightweight pap, but the contest now is a circus- too many countries involved.

There's no doubt the stuff between Greece/Cyprus is and often the eastern countries always vote for each other. 
May have a point - results for last 20 years have been abysmal but so have a lot of the songs. Don't think we take it as seriously as a lot of the countries, second rate songs with no hoper or past it performers.
First time I have watched it in years - it all seems to be about staging and costumes now, the songs seem to be secondary.
Certainly needs a good luck at. Doubt it will be cancelled altogether, seems to have massive viewing figures.
They are all racist cunts. Anti British AOTS.
(05-23-2021, 08:14 AM)strawman Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 08:00 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

How shit was our person?

There's no doubt the stuff between Greece/Cyprus is and often the eastern countries always vote for each other. 
May have a point - results for last 20 years have been abysmal but so have a lot of the songs. Don't think we take it as seriously as a lot of the countries, second rate songs with no hoper or past it performers.
First time I have watched it in years - it all seems to be about staging and costumes now, the songs seem to be secondary.
Certainly needs a good luck at. Doubt it will be cancelled altogether, seems to have massive viewing figures.

What the UK needs are female artists to have their skirts ripped off and show their knickers to get any points Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
We don't take Eurovision seriously. We enter cruise ship singers singing rubbish songs. But consider something that the rest of Europe has never had: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, The Who, The Kinks, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Prodigy, Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Radiohead... the list is endless. We don't need Eurovision to prove we're the best at music.
(05-23-2021, 08:34 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: We don't take Eurovision seriously. We enter cruise ship singers singing rubbish songs. But consider something that the rest of Europe has never had: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, The Who, The Kinks, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Prodigy, Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Radiohead... the list is endless. We don't need Eurovision to prove we're the best at music.

Brotherhood of man want to know why they’re not included in your list. Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
(05-23-2021, 08:34 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: We don't take Eurovision seriously. We enter cruise ship singers singing rubbish songs. But consider something that the rest of Europe has never had: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, The Who, The Kinks, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Prodigy, Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Radiohead... the list is endless. We don't need Eurovision to prove we're the best at music.

Exactly, most rational people see Eurovision for what it is. A silly and camp little singing competition, there’s absolutely zero point getting worked up about it.

90% of popular culture (music, films, tv) exported worldwide is either British or American.
(05-23-2021, 08:44 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Exactly, most rational people see Eurovision for what it is. A silly and camp little singing competition, there’s absolutely zero point getting worked up about it.

90% of popular culture (music, films, tv) exported worldwide is either British or American.
Yes, utterly lightweight pap, and now a pseudo gay pride festival. 

It’s amusing, harmless fun, and utterly lacking in credibility.
They need a song about a lovely horse.