Tonight's drink
Northern Monk NE DIPA. 8.4 Bastard percent. Goes down like a 5%er. £6 a can, ffs.
Sounds like a potential bed-ruiner, that. And not in a good way.
Got a bottle of Burrow Hill 6% cider from Glastonbury chilling in the fridge. Haven’t decided whether to have it tonight or save it for the weekend.
My brother-in-law sent me a mixed box of Belgian beers sometime around the middle of last year. On one of the hotter days of summer I made the mistake of just glugging a few of the eight-percenters as thirst quenchers.

Error of judgement: the thirst said "go for it", the head (later) said "you're an arse".
(06-02-2021, 06:29 PM)Ossian Wrote: My brother-in-law sent me a mixed box of Belgian beers sometime around the middle of last year. On one of the hotter days of summer I made the mistake of just glugging a few of the eight-percenters as thirst quenchers.

Error of judgement: the thirst said "go for it", the head (later) said "you're an arse".

Fortunately some of those Belgian ones are too sickly to drink quickly but you do get the odd one that is sheathed in a “standard” beer skin. Those are the fuggers that do the damage.
Not ordinarily a fan of NEIPAs but can look it up if it's particularly drinkable.

Tonight I'm on a pecharmant red (France's smallest official appellation, near to bordeaux/bergerac) . Funky and earthy, very dry and spicy.
Westons Vintage Oak cider all afternoon, 8.2%. Hic....
#PisscanClub
I'm thinking that it might be time for a Rancor's Toothpick (Bourbon and Cynar instead of Gin and Campari, style negroni)

(06-02-2021, 07:12 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Westons Vintage Oak cider all afternoon, 8.2%. Hic....

I got two of my nephews very drunk on that. Top quality cider and no mistake.

One nephew can't go anywhere near cider now. The other helped me come up with our rich man's snake bite, Aspall's Premier Cru with Tennants Super... now that knocked one's socks right off!
(06-02-2021, 07:21 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: #PisscanClub

We're all aspiring to be the next #clarkeycat