Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philpotts
It'll be sad if they all close, I've used 
the ones in Brum a few times in the last week.

Fuck knows what's gone on there.
Phillpotts has been around for years. Given it's a small group, I would hope there is a future for them. I think there is a market for high end quality sandwiches.
They stopped making their stuff on site about 2 years ago and sold pre-packed stuff bought from food service I believe, and the quantity has gone downhill.

Few years ago when it was all fresh and in house it was great, but they sold out a lot of branches to investors and franchises and as happens in these situations, margins took priority and the product suffered.
(10-12-2018, 01:07 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: They stopped making their stuff on site about 2 years ago and sold pre-packed stuff bought from food service I believe, and the quantity has gone downhill.

Few years ago when it was all fresh and in house it was great, but they sold out a lot of branches to investors and franchises and as happens in these situations, margins took priority and the product suffered.

I only use the one in Brum, and that is very infrequently now because I don't work there.

The one at 5 Ways was fantastic, back in the day.
The Irish lady who serves up the breakfast sandwiches at Newhall Street is a right character.
(10-12-2018, 01:07 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: They stopped making their stuff on site about 2 years ago and sold pre-packed stuff bought from food service I believe, and the quantity has gone downhill.

That's a real shame. When I worked in Brum Philpotts was the MCW sandwich shop of choice. The nice boys at the one on Bennetts Hill used to do regular specials at my request too.
(10-12-2018, 01:19 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

That's a real shame. When I worked in Brum Philpotts was the MCW sandwich shop of choice. The nice boys at the one on Bennetts Hill used to do regular specials at my request too.

Is the gayest post of 2018
(10-12-2018, 01:27 PM)Sunshine Wrote: Is the gayest post of 2018

Woosh
(10-12-2018, 01:11 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: The one at 5 Ways was fantastic, back in the day.

It was. I used to work at Apex House so used to go in there a few times a week. Proper fat sarnies.
Hi - we used to use them all time for lunchtime sandwiches when we had our managers together.

Shame if they shut.

BITL