Appleton
Don't know how true it could be, but sounds like he is the favourite for the job right now, i still don't think he would be the right guy to take us back up at the first
 attempt, i mean he is not the guy who has a lot of pull, i mean to bring some top players in, i could be wrong, i will eat humble pie if he is selected and gets us up.
He has now taken over as favourite @ 1/1
Doesn’t take much for odds to tumble but could be truth in it as he has very good relationships with 2 of the 3 people making the decision at the top. 

For all the negativity surrounding Appleton’s potential appointment (yes I’d prefer Wilder or Lampard myself but he’d get my support and I wouldn’t be disappointed) consider this:

40% win rate as a manager isn’t to be sniffed at. 
Very experienced in the coaching world.
Highly thought of outside and inside WBA.
Managers/clubs trust him with loan players due to his philosophy.

Answer this:

Is he less experienced or has a worse CV as a manager than any of the following? All were backed. All had a plan. All we’re given the tools to compete at the top end of the championship.  It won’t be any different from the clubs point of view. The new guy will have backing.

Megson
Mowbray 
RDM

Then add Clarke to that for the Premier league stint. 

All were successful.  Why do people think Appleton wouldn’t be?
Alan Nixon swearing that we won't pay compensation. I still think the swing in odds is Albion fans.
(06-05-2021, 11:03 AM)Squid Wrote: Alan Nixon swearing that we won't pay compensation. I still think the swing in odds is Albion fans.

Being influenced by the betting odds, is on a par to taking Team Talk clickbait as gospel.   Big Grin
(06-05-2021, 10:54 AM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: Doesn’t take much for odds to tumble but could be truth in it as he has very good relationships with 2 of the 3 people making the decision at the top. 

For all the negativity surrounding Appleton’s potential appointment (yes I’d prefer Wilder or Lampard myself but he’d get my support and I wouldn’t be disappointed) consider this:

40% win rate as a manager isn’t to be sniffed at. 
Very experienced in the coaching world.
Highly thought of outside and inside WBA.
Managers/clubs trust him with loan players due to his philosophy.

Answer this:

Is he less experienced or has a worse CV as a manager than any of the following? All were backed. All had a plan. All we’re given the tools to compete at the top end of the championship.  It won’t be any different from the clubs point of view. The new guy will have backing.

Megson
Mowbray 
RDM

Then add Clarke to that for the Premier league stint. 

All were successful.  Why do people think Appleton wouldn’t be?

My thoughts exactly.
Well except I am not keen on Lampard.
With regards compensation for Appy, I imagine the whole cost would be looked at. You would think that Wilder and his team would command far higher packages than Appleton and his team. Overall, I reckon it would all be pretty close costa wise when you factor everything in.
Can I predict he will get the job... in the hope he doesn't get it.
Smacks of a cheap, lazy appointment. Someone who will accept a lack of investment. Hugely underwhelming
The investment will be the same whoever is manager, thay have no say in that.