Sam Johnstone
(06-06-2021, 03:12 PM)fbaggy Wrote: West Brom have had 7 keepers play for England...more than any other club

That's a stat I didn't know or expect to be the case

Good stat.
Hubert Pearson too, I think...
Over the moon for the bloke. It must still be a special moment to be rewarded for your efforts with a start for your country. We'll done that man (and Ziz)
Hoult in his pomp deserved a cap imo.
(06-06-2021, 03:40 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 03:12 PM)fbaggy Wrote: West Brom have had 7 keepers play for England...more than any other club

That's a stat I didn't know or expect to be the case

Good stat.

They tend to get a lot of practice, unfortunately..
Congrats SJ and well done Slav for pointing it out so early in the day... Now Slav who has got the Albion manager's job? And will Pereira be sold?

How much does an International cap add to a keeper's value??

Johnstone, Foster, Carson, Harold Pearson, George Ashmore, Joe Reader & Bob Roberts
(06-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 01:07 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Rumour is he is set to start tonight v Romania.

Proud moment for the club.

Do us proud Sam!

Where exactly are these rumours Ziz?

If these rumours existed then people would be discussing them on social media… Typing “Johnstone” into the search function of Twitter shows not one mention of him potentially starting for England tonight. Similarly typing “Sam Johnstone” into Google and going to “News” throws up not one mention of him starting tonight.

I don’t know why he does this, but Ziz has clearly fabricated this as a basic search shows no such rumours exist.

I hope you are going to apologise to Ziz, seeing as he was right
Absolutely humbled with the responses. Thank you.

Re. Mass

I think we will end up hiring Lampard (nothing but a hunch)

I think we will sell Pereria for £35m (with add ons and % transfer fee) IF HE DOES NOT HAVE A CLAUSE

The International cap won’t add much - the bigger issue is Sam J only has 12m to run on his deal. Should we have extended last Summer after promotion (had we then offered him a 4 year deal I’m sure the club would have been criticised)

Hindsight hey!
(06-06-2021, 02:44 PM)Duffers Wrote: Wowsers.

I owe Ziz an apology.

(06-06-2021, 04:08 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 01:07 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Rumour is he is set to start tonight v Romania.

Proud moment for the club.

Do us proud Sam!

Where exactly are these rumours Ziz?

If these rumours existed then people would be discussing them on social media… Typing “Johnstone” into the search function of Twitter shows not one mention of him potentially starting for England tonight. Similarly typing “Sam Johnstone” into Google and going to “News” throws up not one mention of him starting tonight.

I don’t know why he does this, but Ziz has clearly fabricated this as a basic search shows no such rumours exist.

I hope you are going to apologise to Ziz, seeing as he was right

I did further up.
I hope comes off at half-time. He has his cap, not made any mistakes.

He won't play in The Euros, so get him sold for top dollar.