Bullseye
(06-08-2021, 11:31 AM)Fido Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 11:28 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 11:13 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 10:35 AM)Fido Wrote: I've just stuck up a dartboard in our cabin at the bottom of the garden and have had the Bullseye tune going around in my head since then. However, I remember my son and daughter used to watch old re-runs of this on Challenge TV for some reason and in the early days the theme had lyrics to it with something like "...Ann from Sunderland, Joe from Nottingham, Dave from the Mid-er-lands". Try as I might I've not been able to find these anywhere (OK, in fairness, I had a bit of a "boy look" for them) but I did come across the composer, Johnny Patrick, who has done all manner of stuff as is, in fact, a Baggie.

Nice bit of trivia for all you racists on here  Wink

"Bulls"eye.

Sexist.

Jap’s eye. Racist

Why aye. Geordieist

Popeye. Cartoonist.

I have a popeye bicep - true story
Private eye - Satiricalist
One Eye. Cyclopist.
The King & I. Musicalist.
Black eye. Can we still say that? Seeing as it’s actually purple.
Brass Eye - for the satirist.
(06-08-2021, 11:56 AM)Fido Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 11:50 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Goldeneye. Metallist.

Third Eye. Numberist.

Cat's Eye. Speciesist.

Are people who kill cats guilty of a feliny?

If they lie about it then it might also be purrrrgery...
(06-08-2021, 11:02 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Col was on Bullseye.
"Unemployed? Lovely!Smashing!"
Must admit i didn't recall it having any lyrics, and none of the versions of it that I found do either...

Slightly different version, look at that Central logo for pure nostalgia!

It started in 1981 and the version I found from them also has no lyrics, I think it is safe to say it never had lyrics! Maybe the OP is getting mixed up with the way Jim Bowen used to introduce people?
(06-08-2021, 04:42 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Must admit i didn't recall it having any lyrics, and none of the versions of it that I found do either...

Slightly different version, look at that Central logo for pure nostalgia!

It started in 1981 and the version I found from them also has no lyrics, I think it is safe to say it never had lyrics! Maybe the OP is getting mixed up with the way Jim Bowen used to introduce people?

He never sung the tune when he introduced them FFS sake. My lad would sing that bit at the end that's why I was aware of it but didn't remember it from when I watched the show.