Dowling...
Wonder what happens now... he’s basically been denied his, and the board’s unanimous choice. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him walk, although he’s getting a very handsome salary to do as he pleases so why would you leave!
(06-08-2021, 09:25 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Wonder what happens now... he’s basically been denied his, and the board’s unanimous choice. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him walk, although he’s getting a very handsome salary to do as he pleases so why would you leave!

Rumour has it that he offered his resignation over this.
This most definitely wasn’t his choice, far from it.
(06-08-2021, 09:30 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:25 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Wonder what happens now... he’s basically been denied his, and the board’s unanimous choice. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him walk, although he’s getting a very handsome salary to do as he pleases so why would you leave!

His CV must now be in circulation. 
Nobody within the game suffers being publically undermined like this.
Don't be surprised to see Luke waving goodbye soon.
(06-08-2021, 09:36 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:30 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:

His CV must now be in circulation. 
Nobody within the game suffers being publically undermined like this.
Don't be surprised to see Luke waving goodbye soon.
Never mind, Dave McDonough is available, and has `unfinished business` at The Hawthorns.
I think the worry if he stays is whether he can now effectively work together with Wagner to gain the mutual goal of promotion.
(06-09-2021, 09:53 AM)clem4england Wrote: I think the worry if he stays is whether he can now effectively work together with Wagner to gain the mutual goal of promotion.

I think this should be the factor of least concern. Dowling clearly rates Wagner as he was approached when we appointed Bilic, but his stock was much higher than us at the time, and Wagner has worked with DoFs and external recruitment in pretty much all of his jobs so far. Out of all the possible appointments mooted I think Wagner will be the easiest for Dowling to work alongside. 

I know he's not exactly flavour of the month, but for the most part Dowling has managed to work effectively with Moore, Bilic (in the main) and Big Sam, who are all very different characters and styles, so I imagine he will have no issues with Wagner.

The issue for me is how Dowling will be working with Ken, Li and Lai ongoing having effectively been completely undermined.
Did I misread the article in the express and star, it said that the decision not to pursue Wilder was made before last weekend and then there was a final round of interviews, from which Wagner emerged as the choice.
Presumably it was the uk based board that did the interviews and so they must have been impressed by Wagner, albeit not their first choice.

What has not been helpful in this process is the leaking of information to the press. I don't  know who is responsible, but it undermines Wagner even before he starts the job.
Let's just wait and see, all these rumours don't help the club and they are mostly nonsense or one sided hearsay anyway.
Wagner impressed last time too.

Dowling won't be unhappy to have him. His concern will be that they had him in charge of a recruitment process and then taken the decision from his hands.
(06-09-2021, 10:14 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Wagner impressed last time too.

Dowling won't be unhappy to have him. His concern will be that they had him in charge of a recruitment process and then taken the decision from his hands.

Ultimately a DoF is beholden to his employers wishes, and if the super computer came back with say Wilder or Appleton as the best options as an owner I might well think.. nope not happening for different reasons. I certainly wouldn't be doing cartwheels at the prospect of any of the candidates linked.