Ollie Robinson ...Bureaucracy gone mad....
(06-10-2021, 10:14 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
fuzzbox Wrote:
cornishbaggie Wrote:Of course he should be banned, I am amazed that so many people knowing where we are heading, are stunned when we arrive.

Yep, we should head straight back to the 70s. There really was no need to make the journey in the first place...

I wouldn't know, I spent a lot of the 70's visiting  family and playing on the streets of Belfast and Derry.

Interesting, I spent a lot of the 70's visiting  family and playing on the streets of Birmingham and West Bromwich. I do, however, know at least some of what went on in Belfast and Derry at around the same time. Enough at least to know that the 'journey' in Northern Ireland was very necessary.
(06-10-2021, 10:25 AM)pindgill Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:22 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Not pleasant reading but hecwas a teenager, teens say and do stupid shit. He wasn't advocating to kill all Muslims or keep women second class, just giving really shit jokes and banter.

This is what drives the wedge in further.

Hold on what are you saying this "lad" was an 18 year old adult when he made these racist and bigoted remarks about the BAME community and women and your saying taking offence is driving the wedge further!!!....what bloody world are you living in!!!????.
This individual needs serious rehabilitation period not excuses and a not lame defence by total ignorants on here!!!!....

No but totally destroying his career isn't going to help either, all it does is throw fuel on the fire for the 'too much pc' idiots who will now go on about cancel culture etc. That's what I mean by the wedge.

They were 10 years ago. If he still holds those views, throw the book at him, by all means temporarily suspend him while it's investigated, but to ban him totally is overkill.
Ollie Robinson John Terry it's all the same to me, stupid ignorant and racist.
Seems reasonable to me that the ECB investigate further to ensure there have been no similar incidents since and it's better to do that with him out of the spotlight.
I saw the interview with Michael Carberry with regards to Ollie Robinson. I thought Carberry was over the top in what he said and aggressive towards Robinson. I hope Robinson looks at it as a racist attack on him by Carberry because like it or not, that's where we are going eventually.
(06-10-2021, 10:33 AM)igorbalis Wrote: Ollie Robinson John Terry it's all the same to me, stupid ignorant and racist.

Far more to the cunt that is John Terry though, racist on the pitch too.
(06-10-2021, 09:22 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Not pleasant reading but hecwas a teenager, teens say and do stupid shit. He wasn't advocating to kill all Muslims or keep women second class, just giving really shit jokes and banter.

Hold on what are you saying this "lad" was an 18 year old adult when he made these racist and bigoted remarks about the BAME community and women and your saying taking offence is driving the wedge further!!!....what bloody world are you living in!!!????.
This individual needs serious rehabilitation period not excuses and not a lame defence by total ignorants on here!!!!....

Serious rehabilitation? Get a fucking grip.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/g...m-24272868
(06-10-2021, 10:32 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

This individual needs serious rehabilitation period not excuses and a not lame defence by total ignorants on here!!!!....

No but totally destroying his career isn't going to help either, all it does is throw fuel on the fire for the 'too much pc' idiots who will now go on about cancel culture etc. That's what I mean by the wedge.

They were 10 years ago. If he still holds those views, throw the book at him, by all means temporarily suspend him while it's investigated, but to ban him totally is overkill.
Suspending him whilst an enquiry is set up and made is the right step by ECB if no other more recent abuse is found the lad should be brought back and should continue his career he's apologised and learnt salient lesson no issue also other young aspiring sportsmen and women should take heed from this too.
When the majority on this post saying that the ECBs suspension is over the top shows they have at best absolutely no understanding of this matter and worst there views are racist!!!...
(06-10-2021, 10:49 AM)pindgill Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 10:32 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Suspending him whilst an enquiry is set up and made is the right step by ECB if no other more recent abuse is found the lad should be brought back and should continue his career he's apologised and learnt salient lesson no issue also other young aspiring sportsmen and women should take heed from this too.
When the majority on this post saying that the ECBs suspension is over the top shows they have at best absolutely no understanding of this matter and worst there views are racist!!!...

Indeed.

I was more reacting to the calls to ban him forever, hang draw and quarter him etc.