McInnes
I can’t help but think it would be a disaster, and he would be gone by Christmas.

His wife could never stand living in Ingerland, so that’s hardly going to help things.
(06-10-2021, 04:27 PM)Squid Wrote: Alan Nixon tweeted that we are looking for someone cheap and cheerful.

I doubt cheerful is a criterion.
Psalm23 Wrote:
baggy1 Wrote:Why would he need PL experience?

Seems like the club maybe leading us towards an, "anyone's better than John fuggin Terry", scenario.   Rolleyes

Well there's something I can agree with them about.....
(06-10-2021, 04:27 PM)Squid Wrote: Alan Nixon tweeted that we are looking for someone cheap and cheerful.

Allardyce was grumpy and expensive.
(06-10-2021, 06:02 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Psalm23 Wrote:
baggy1 Wrote:Why would he need PL experience?

Seems like the club maybe leading us towards an, "anyone's better than John fuggin Terry", scenario.   Rolleyes

Well there's something I can agree with them about.....

Big Grin Big Grin
McInnes would be a worse appointment than AFI. He was awful at Bristol City and Aberdeen fans couldn't wait to see the back of him and his negative football.
(06-10-2021, 06:31 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: McInnes would be a worse appointment than AFI. He was awful at Bristol City and Aberdeen fans couldn't wait to see the back of him and his negative football.

He wasn’t awful at Bristol, most of their fans still speak highly of him... he had them midtable first season after inheriting a side in a mess at the bottom, and was then instructed to cut the wage bill by 2/3rds leading to relegation... eveb McInnes says he should have walked but let his ego get the better of him.

At Aberdeen he was pushing Celtic all the way with a squad on a 10th of the budget... again, in McInnes’ words he had to be negative as they had to win games if they wanted to keep the pace. It was winning at all costs. He went stale there in the end.

I think we should be aiming higher than McInnes, but it’s harsh to just say he’s shit.
(06-10-2021, 07:10 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 06:31 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: McInnes would be a worse appointment than AFI. He was awful at Bristol City and Aberdeen fans couldn't wait to see the back of him and his negative football.

He wasn’t awful at Bristol, most of their fans still speak highly of him... he had them midtable first season after inheriting a side in a mess at the bottom, and was then instructed to cut the wage bill by 2/3rds leading to relegation... eveb McInnes says he should have walked but let his ego get the better of him.

At Aberdeen he was pushing Celtic all the way with a squad on a 10th of the budget... again, in McInnes’ words he had to be negative as they had to win games if they wanted to keep the pace. It was winning at all costs. He went stale there in the end.

I think we should be aiming higher than McInnes, but it’s harsh to just say he’s shit.

I'm not sure which Bristol City fans you've been speaking to mate. A lot of my pals are season ticket holders there and don't have much good to say about him at all. Certainly hasn't achieved enough as a manager to justify the position here
(06-10-2021, 04:47 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 04:40 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Whoever gets the gig we've made a right fuck up of this

You've got Wilder desperate to take the reigns and we're looking at Appy/Mcinness/Alex Fucking Neal who's already shat on us from a great height.....jesus wept

If Lai wasn't such a cunt Wilder would be in now and we would be plannig promotion

Absolute shit show West Brom

Cuzer

There’s a story going round that Sheffield United’s owners are investors in Lai’s other businesses and he doesn’t want to piss them off, hence no Wilder.

Is the right answer……

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(06-10-2021, 07:27 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 04:47 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 04:40 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Whoever gets the gig we've made a right fuck up of this

You've got Wilder desperate to take the reigns and we're looking at Appy/Mcinness/Alex Fucking Neal who's already shat on us from a great height.....jesus wept

If Lai wasn't such a cunt Wilder would be in now and we would be plannig promotion

Absolute shit show West Brom

Cuzer

There’s a story going round that Sheffield United’s owners are investors in Lai’s other businesses and he doesn’t want to piss them off, hence no Wilder.

Is the right answer……

Cuzer

Hi Chris!