Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent pub in Brum with Albion bias?
I’m in Brum tomorrow late afternoon so going to take in the German market and then the match. Any suggestions of a good pub. Will be with a Blues fan and Cockney git who supports Spurs.
Old Royal near Snow Hill.
(12-06-2018, 06:24 PM)B37Baggie Wrote: Old Royal near Snow Hill.

Good shout. Went in before Blues away. No football fans so you'll be fine. 

Good pub and good food too. Tends to get very busy, though.
(12-06-2018, 06:28 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:

Good shout. Went in before Blues away. No football fans so you'll be fine. 

Good pub and good food too. Tends to get very busy, though.

I was in the ‘sun on the hill’ before Blues away and it was full of Albion.

Was an away game though. 

Having a few extras local tomorrow before finishing off in The Wagon. See you all up there Smile

This
I know this is a controversial question but why would you go to a bar in Brum rather than attend the match? I accept tickets are more difficult to get but it sounds like some made the decision to rather watch the game in town. I find that a bit odd if I’m honest.
(12-06-2018, 08:14 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

This

This + loads.

Pat the gaffer is a top bloke. Very Albion friendly.
(12-06-2018, 08:23 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I know this is a controversial question but why would you go to a bar in Brum rather than attend the match? I accept tickets are more difficult to get but it sounds like some made the decision to rather watch the game in town. I find that a bit odd if I’m honest.

I don’t. I’ve been twice this season on Saturdays and would have gone if it had been a Saturday. Getting back into Brum after a night game is nightmare too. Taking in a mate’s night plus the German market and seeing the game is the best of all worlds.
(12-06-2018, 09:35 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 08:23 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I know this is a controversial question but why would you go to a bar in Brum rather than attend the match? I accept tickets are more difficult to get but it sounds like some made the decision to rather watch the game in town. I find that a bit odd if I’m honest.

I don’t. I’ve been twice this season on Saturdays and would have gone if it had been a Saturday. Getting back into Brum after a night game is nightmare too. Taking in a mate’s night plus the German market and seeing the game is the best of all worlds.

The German market is fucking shite though.

He doesn't want to go to the game but he does want to watch it.