The Final
Back to a back three I’d imagine - same team as Germany with the likes of Sterling and either Saka or Sancho to get at them with pace.

Game could genuinely go either way, right now I’d say it’s 55:45 in favour of Italy, but that’s based on nothing but a feeling.
I'm bang on 50:50 on this, was probably 55:45 in England's favour yesterday.
I don't see the need to play 3 at the back, Italy don't and it would see us outnumbered in midfield.

I think Italy appear to be tiring as the competition goes on. In comparison we still look full of running.

Think we will start as very marginal favourites. Getting through the first half will be key.
Possibly, strangely I'm much more relaxed if we do lose than if we'd lost the semi. after all now we're proven as one of the best in the world again.

So many forget the losing semi-finalists. After all I'd forgot Turkey getting to one in the Euros a while back until I saw some footage the other night.

That's how I've felt about Albion too- just to see us in a final.

Trying to predict this one is tough- two big footballing nations littered with players who play for top clubs. You could put an argument for either, but if I had to go for any now I genuinely would edge it for us based on home advantage.
Italy have been the best side at the tournament and are on a 30 + unbeaten run so a special side. If you compare footballing ability I'd say pretty equal although Italy have lost their one player who is irreplaceable in Spinazzola, which gives us a slight edge.

I thinks it's key that we are prepared to match them in general shithousery before we get to the footballing bit. There is a reason why the Italians have four little stars above the badge....it is ALL about winning for them, it's part of their footballing culture. I would be absolutely delighted to see us dive, fake and foul our way to the European Championship title with a little bit of football thrown in.

I expect it to be tight and tense. Small margins. I will not enjoy it one bit!
(07-08-2021, 09:48 AM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote: Italy have been the best side at the tournament and are on a 30 + unbeaten run so a special side.  If you compare footballing ability I'd say pretty equal although Italy have lost their one player who is irreplaceable in Spinazzola, which gives us a slight edge.

I thinks it's key that we are prepared to match them in general shithousery before we get to the footballing bit.  There is a reason why the Italians have four little stars above the badge....it is ALL about winning for them, it's part of their footballing culture. I would be absolutely delighted to see us dive, fake and foul our way to the European Championship title with a little bit of football thrown in.

I expect it to be tight and tense. Small margins.  I will not enjoy it one bit!

Foul and manage the game with certain acceptable levels of gamesmanship. 

Outright CHEATING to win? ... No thanks.
(07-08-2021, 10:15 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 09:48 AM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote: Italy have been the best side at the tournament and are on a 30 + unbeaten run so a special side.  If you compare footballing ability I'd say pretty equal although Italy have lost their one player who is irreplaceable in Spinazzola, which gives us a slight edge.

I thinks it's key that we are prepared to match them in general shithousery before we get to the footballing bit.  There is a reason why the Italians have four little stars above the badge....it is ALL about winning for them, it's part of their footballing culture. I would be absolutely delighted to see us dive, fake and foul our way to the European Championship title with a little bit of football thrown in.

So a little bit of cheating is ok? But not tooo much?  Smile Winning is all that matters now. Glorious failure is just failure.    Not saying we will need to, or that we will, just that we need to have the same win at all cost mentality to compete. History doesn't tend to detail HOW things are won, it just lists the winners.
(07-08-2021, 10:15 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote:

“The hand of Rod” was totally acceptable against the seal cooonts. Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
Not many Englishmen complaining about the penalty we ‘won’ last night. Highly dubious, if you’re a neutral or Dane
(07-08-2021, 06:00 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Not many Englishmen complaining about the penalty we ‘won’ last night. Highly dubious, if you’re a neutral or Dane

It was soft but it's one of those. Mæhle clips Sterling's knee and then he's tripped by the second Danish defender. Sterling goes down easily and in all honesty has bought it but if you're working VAR and the referee has said he's penalising for the knee clip and you see it then there's fuck all you can do as it's not a clear and obvious error. If that was against us I'd be fuming but ultimately you can justify it either way in the rules.