How many posters on here have...
....tested positive for Covid?

With all the talk of infection rates rising, I was wondering how many bored members have had it and if there was any serious health issues from any posters.

I tested positive late February and felt like shit for two weeks. Thankfully not bad enough to be hospitalised and no apparent long term effects.
I probably caught it from work as we have had about 10 people who have tested positive in the last five months in the office and shop floor.

I've been double jabbed since, so hopefully I'm about as immune as you can be from this virus now.
Tests weren't about when I think I had it - March '20. Found it much easier to be short of breath for 3+ months afterwards. Brain fog was increased but, looking back, I was drinking a lot at that point so may have been a factor. Didn't get near a hospital, thank goodness.
I tested positive with a lateral flow test but did a PCR and it came back negative, does that count? Thought I had it last March though but couldn't get a test at the time.
I was really ill last February and through March last year, but there was no testing. I had a continuous cough for over 8 weeks, but I got the shivers and felt freezing cold rather than a high temperature. It was horrible, but I have no way of saying for definite that it was Cov. Some others I know had a very similar thing, we got it before lockdown though.

Oh and then earlier this year I was coughing and lost my taste and smell, did a test and it said I was negative.

Since then, every LFD test I've done has been negative and one PCR one.

(07-16-2021, 12:43 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I tested positive with a lateral flow test but did a PCR and it came back negative, does that count? Thought I had it last March though but couldn't get a test at the time.

Probably not, LFDs are more sensitive on positives then negatives, i think it's only 65% ish for negatives, but in the 90%s for positives. PCRs are much more sensitive both ways, chances are you were clear.
May have had it early 2020, either that or the worst flu ever. Haven't had a positive test though.
Been in work almost every day since end of June last year. Only the normal holidays off. Don't know if I've ever had it, running regularly again now after a few months off and despite a hard start I'm improving, I don't think the toughness was anything to do with covid though as my CO2 max levels aren't as good (obviously). I'd say I've not had it before but I have been in isolation a few times due to family members having symptoms (all were negative tests).
First week of November 2019, one of the women who works at the same school as Mrs O returned from the half-term break with what she called 'a nasty bug'. Her daughter had come back from a visit to Wuhan with quite acute breathing difficulties, but no alarms were triggered, partly because Covid hadn't yet surfaced (although it was almost certainly out there by then) and also the daughter was susceptible to respiratory problems from time to time.

Something ripped through the school - staff and students - at an almost unprecedented rate: Mrs O had to take a couple of days off - a rarity in itself - she passed whatever it was onto me, in milder form, and then to our son who had nothing more serious than a heavy cold. I had a residual dry cough for about a week and then we thought no more about it at the time.

We've wondered a few times since though.
Tested positive 2 weeks ago, just after watching the Germany game in the pub. Was really, couldn't get out of bed, ill for 4 days and still have muscle aches, tiredness and taste and smell issues.
Like the worst flu ever x 10. I must admit there were times when I thought I may end up in hospital and it was terrifying.
I'm double jabbed with no underlying health issues, as well as eating well and exercising regularly so pretty fit for my age.
Stay safe folks.
(07-16-2021, 01:21 PM)Ossian Wrote: First week of November 2019, one of the women who works at the same school as Mrs O returned from the half-term break with what she called 'a nasty bug'. Her daughter had come back from a visit to Wuhan with quite acute breathing difficulties, but no alarms were triggered, partly because Covid hadn't yet surfaced (although it was almost certainly out there by then) and also the daughter was susceptible to respiratory problems from time to time.

Something ripped through the school - staff and students - at an almost unprecedented rate: Mrs O had to take a couple of days off - a rarity in itself - she passed whatever it was onto me, in milder form, and then to our son who had nothing more serious than a heavy cold. I had a residual dry cough for about a week and then we thought no more about it at the time.

We've wondered a few times since though.

Bloody 'ell! I remember reading that the UK had had over 1,500 patient zeroes, sounds like that girl could've been one of them! The only thing that stops me thinking it was rife before Christmas is that there weren't the deaths associated with it in the early days, unless they were totally covered up?
Not yet, thankfully