Stupid things people say on cricket commentaries
"That's a great cricket shot!" No shit, Sherlock, I was expecting a cross-court passing stroke.

"He's gone back to the top of his mark". No he hasn't, he's gone back to his mark. He may well stand on top of it, as it's only millimetres high.
I had the golf on for most of the day, flitting between that and a dip in the "pool" in the back garden that this year has actually got to a comfortable temperature. I had a quick look or two at the cricket but I have to say I'm really not a big fan of Michael Vaughn, especially in this format for some reason.
(07-18-2021, 06:06 PM)Fido Wrote: I had the golf on for most of the day, flitting between that and a dip in the "pool" in the back garden that this year has actually got to a comfortable temperature. I had a quick look or two at the cricket but I have to say I'm really not a big fan of Michael Vaughn, especially in this format for some reason.

Blimey.

I thought that I was alone in not loving Vaughny.
(07-18-2021, 06:06 PM)Fido Wrote: I had the golf on for most of the day, flitting between that and a dip in the "pool" in the back garden that this year has actually got to a comfortable temperature. I had a quick look or two at the cricket but I have to say I'm really not a big fan of Michael Vaughn, especially in this format for some reason.

Much as I admired Vaughan as captain, since he retired he has become a right naus.
Vaughan is ok on the radio, but he looks so smug when you see him. I listened to 5 live today mostly. That Alex Hartley has read the Guha/Rainford-Brent cliche dictionary for sure.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh4iF_Si_2E
"They'll be looking for the top of the order to put some runs on the board.

No shit.
"The bowler's Holding the batsmen's Willey."
Lillee caught Willey bowled Dilley
(07-18-2021, 06:20 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

Much as I admired Vaughan as captain, since he retired he has become a right naus.

Spot on.  Hes actually better talking about football (including his beloved SW) rather than cricket.

He doesnt live far from me.  Apparently he got booted out of Wilmslow Golf Club for not paying his subs.