Hopkins
(07-19-2021, 07:01 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Who the fuck is a Hopkins and what the fuck is a Big Brother? Is it 2004 or something, over there?

Backward nation.

It’s all part of this weird fucking obsession some people have with being famous without it mattering what you’re actually famous for. Oscar Wilde said that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, which is clearly bollocks. What’s the point in being famous if everyone hates you?
(07-19-2021, 06:34 AM)Duffers Wrote: I still don’t fully understand what her appeal is. Just seems she has a fucking awful take on everything, does she even mean it all? Or is it just an act?

I mean, she quite literally is famous just for being a cunt.

It is. We did a broadcast with her during the build up to the Brexit vote, she could not have been more OTT with her kindness towards my muslim colleague, as soon as the cameras were rolling she switched personas. Her and Farage can get in the fucking sea.
In the form of his life.
(07-19-2021, 08:05 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 06:34 AM)Duffers Wrote: I still don’t fully understand what her appeal is. Just seems she has a fucking awful take on everything, does she even mean it all? Or is it just an act?

It is. We did a broadcast with her during the build up to the Brexit vote, she could not have been more OTT with her kindness towards my muslim colleague, as soon as the cameras were rolling she switched personas. Her and Farage can get in the fucking sea.

I'd have put pubes in her coffee

I find that even worse.
(07-19-2021, 07:59 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 07:01 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Who the fuck is a Hopkins and what the fuck is a Big Brother? Is it 2004 or something, over there?

Backward nation.

Big Brother was a bit like your favourite show, Love Island, but with no fingering.    Rolleyes

And no 'cinders, either I'll bet
(07-19-2021, 08:06 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote:

Isn't that a line from Carly Simon's 'You're so vain'?

I cannot confirm this did or didn't happen.

(07-19-2021, 08:07 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I find that even worse.

Absolutely.
In the form of his life.
(07-19-2021, 08:09 AM)Ossian Wrote:

Isn't that a line from Carly Simon's 'You're so vain'?

Arf  Big Grin
(07-19-2021, 08:04 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Backward nation.

It’s all part of this weird fucking obsession some people have with being famous without it mattering what you’re actually famous for. Oscar Wilde said that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, which is clearly bollocks. What’s the point in being famous if everyone hates you?

Money!
(07-19-2021, 08:07 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I find that even worse.

It really is. If you’re going to spout abhorrent shite then at least believe it.

The problem with the likes of Hopkins is that they all start out as curmudgeonly “voices of reason” but wi the state of political discourse in this country over the last decade you have to get more and more extreme to be heard above all the others trying to do exactly the same. In pursuit of building a “brand” or a “profile” or whatever you want to call it she’s become so toxic that she only really appeals to the extreme UKIP loonies and the straight out racists. She only gets booked for things like BB as a curiosity in the hope she’ll say something for viewers to point and laugh at. She’s banned from most forms of social media, her own country can’t stand her and even the Yanks and Aussies won’t have her.

Was it really worth it? Especially if you don’t even believe in it.