How are you celebrating your freedom?
(07-19-2021, 12:44 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 12:29 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:12 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Are we going to stop having the daily figures for cases, hospitalisations, deaths and vaccines reported on the evening news?

Nothing says return to your normal day-to-day than terrifying everyone with figures.

Do you think we shouldn't know the risks then? What benefits will been left in the dark and fed shit give us, other than a plethora of mushrooms?

Lets report the number of deaths from all diseases then? There are risks in everyday life, if they want a return to normal then removing the figures from mainstream news should be step one. By all means publish them online for people to download should the wish, the same as they do other health statistics.

It isn't about deaths Ted, this has been explained many times. The vaccine appears to have solved that issue but it isn't the only one. We are in a position that we are nearly there but there is an issue with numbers in hospital increasing at this point that needs to be managed in the short term. If the numbers of covid cases and those in hospital continue to grow then we will end up impacting on of the services that the NHS offer that are there to protect other conditions. Covid is still the biggest risk to all health in the UK and the world at this point, it needs to be front and centre for peoples awareness.

Deaths, cases, hopsitalisations, whichever. Purely from the Govt perspective, if I wanted a return to normal, I'd not be sharing the figures with the masses. Make them available for those who want to download them. 

Telling people they can take their masks off, go to the pub, fill football stadiums, whilst sharing the figures daily is nuts. Mind you, nothing surprises with this Govt.
(07-19-2021, 12:06 PM)sickParrot Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCI0NMgVfPk
They are shouting at people wearing masks, asking them to remove them!

I hate to sound like a judgemental cunt but fuck it 

Look at them there, hardly brains of fucking Britain is it? Most of them probably need to take their shoes off to count to 20, I'm sure they're brilliant at data analysis and risk assessment.
(07-19-2021, 12:47 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:12 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Are we going to stop having the daily figures for cases, hospitalisations, deaths and vaccines reported on the evening news?

Nothing says return to your normal day-to-day than terrifying everyone with figures.

Do you think we shouldn't know the risks then? What benefits will been left in the dark and fed shit give us, other than a plethora of mushrooms?

Lets report the number of deaths from all diseases then? There are risks in everyday life, if they want a return to normal then removing the figures from mainstream news should be step one. By all means publish them online for people to download should the wish, the same as they do other health statistics.

It isn't about deaths Ted, this has been explained many times. The vaccine appears to have solved that issue but it isn't the only one. We are in a position that we are nearly there but there is an issue with numbers in hospital increasing at this point that needs to be managed in the short term. If the numbers of covid cases and those in hospital continue to grow then we will end up impacting on of the services that the NHS offer that are there to protect other conditions. Covid is still the biggest risk to all health in the UK and the world at this point, it needs to be front and centre for peoples awareness.

Deaths, cases, hopsitalisations, whichever. Purely from the Govt perspective, if I wanted a return to normal, I'd not be sharing the figures with the masses. Make them available for those who want to download them. 

Telling people they can take their masks off, go to the pub, fill football stadiums, whilst sharing the figures daily is nuts. Mind you, nothing surprises with this Govt.

This is true, the mixed messaging comes from knowing what the issues are and where we are potentially heading, and that not fitting with their stance. It really has been poor all the way through.
(07-19-2021, 12:01 PM)Fido Wrote: Pinged Saturday night and then my son's mate who was round with his folks in the garden for a BBQ has tested positive so off for a PCR in a bit. Should be self-isolating but took the dog out at 5am as no-one would be around. Was actually bliss on a morning like this.

walking at 5AM, you are FF and i claim my free pack of barbecued rice.

This makes no sense. I want to easily find out what the risks are to mine and my families health in regards to Covid. To hide it away on a Government website and pretend everything is normal is 'nuts'.
(07-19-2021, 12:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Do you think we shouldn't know the risks then? What benefits will been left in the dark and fed shit give us, other than a plethora of mushrooms?

This makes no sense. I want to easily find out what the risks are to mine and my families health in regards to Covid. To hide it away on a Government website and pretend everything is normal is 'nuts'.

Then I think we agree. Freedom, return to normality has been the narrative. If we still need that level of detail on the risks then it is very far from normal.

My point is, if the Govt want a return to normal, stop sharing the figures. We never used to get daily flu figures in winters gone by. In for a penny, in for a pound. It's just another contradiction that will lead to more fear.
(07-19-2021, 12:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Do you think we shouldn't know the risks then? What benefits will been left in the dark and fed shit give us, other than a plethora of mushrooms?

How can anyone not know the risks of COV by now?
(07-19-2021, 12:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 12:06 PM)sickParrot Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCI0NMgVfPk
They are shouting at people wearing masks, asking them to remove them!

I hate to sound like a judgemental cunt but fuck it 

Look at them there, hardly brains of fucking Britain is it? Most of them probably need to take their shoes off to count to 20, I'm sure they're brilliant at data analysis and risk assessment.

just watching some now and there is a fella basically making some freeman argument. Harping on about how "we the people" own parliament etc. etc., all very nice in theory but a load of bollox in practice.
It is still far from normal. We're still in the grip of a pandemic. We've won a battle with the vaccine but still fighting a war. If the enemy mutates to counter it we'll be dying in bigger numbers again. Common sense is still required over a fuck it mentality. The spread will be worse now because of the numbers vaccinated that will carry on life as normal spreading it with little or no effects to themselves passing it on. The normality we're returning to is treats that have been missing. No way does it mean we can take the said treats as before. Just because you can go in a pub doesn't mean it's totally safe to do so in numbers.
Listening to the absolute bollocks the anti vaxxer in a nurses outfit is spouting on that protest.

All the crap she said and none of it is correct. And now it links to 5g.

Fuck sake, any aliens must find us humans hilarious.