Phone scam
Hi all just an heads for those who haven't come across this yet ,but there is yet another scam doing the rounds, received 2 calls today(one from a number similar to my own 1st 7 digits matched) purporting to be from the National Crime Agency ,it was an automated message(gave away instantly tbh) claiming they were about to suspend my NI number due to fraudulent activity with it and to press number 1 to speak an officer immediately to resolve the matter, needless to say i hung up but researched it and it appears they are very plausable in getting you to "confirm your details ,,,,beware and stay safe good people.
Had this as well, 3 times. Blocked and ignored.

At least if it was a person you could fuck with them and waste their time.
We have the exact same here in Ireland. I've had at least five or six calls from them. Don't even entertain them, hang up immediately.
[Image: 4203889533a5613998047l_400x400.jpg]
very little point in blocking these numbers as they are just spoofed. If you return the call like i did, you do get a person who you can mess around. I got an "officer James Smith" (i kid you not) with a heavy Indian accent threatening me with "A very very long time in jail sir" when i asked him if he preferred the old lefty or newer racist Morrisey and if he had spoken to him since they split up.
Cheers for that T74. The good lady has had several, I've not had any. I checked the caller's numberĀ and it'sĀ area code was Hull - on checking web this is an automated number linked back to India.
Had one saying it was the Inland Revenue, ( checked and it was a Liverpool phone number ). Said my name had cropped up in a tax fraud enquiry, and I needed to speak to an operator regarding paying back the money, or I would be referred to the Police. I hung up, obviously.
Also, have twice recently had calls from someone with an American accent, saying I had ordered goods worth several thousand pounds from Amazon, and they need to check my payment details.
Been getting this national insurance number scam call for the past three months or more. The amusing thing about it is the little detail they usually add to make it seem more plausible.

The ones I've had always refer to 'an incident on the North Wales border'.
(07-19-2021, 05:37 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Been getting this national insurance number scam call for the past three months or more. The amusing thing about it is the little detail they usually add to make it seem more plausible.

The ones I've had always refer to 'an incident on the North Wales border'.

I've had that one! I bet he doesn't do too well at thus scamming business.
(07-19-2021, 03:37 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Hi all just an heads for those who haven't come across this yet ,but there is yet another scam doing the rounds, received 2 calls today(one from a number similar to my own 1st 7 digits matched) purporting to be from the National Crime Agency ,it was an automated message(gave away instantly tbh) claiming they were about to suspend my NI number due to fraudulent activity with it and to press number 1 to speak an officer immediately to resolve the matter, needless to say i hung up but researched it and it appears they are very plausable in getting you to "confirm your details ,,,,beware and stay safe good people.

I had it the other day at work. I got through to someone and told them I had mudered the mrs.

They put phone down on me.